ANNOUNCEMENT: DC Area Head-Fi Meet - March 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg, Maryland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #106 of 134

Definitely still need to explore my options in the speaker market, but I have a setup in mind with those fantastic Evoke Eddie speakers that @willsw has in his shop and it's certainly not going to be the cheapest thing in the world to put together.  I haven't heard the Omegas, I'm going to need to swing by Urban Hifi to check them out and do a comparison to the Eddie, but I have a feeling the Eddie is still going to win out for me.

Have to agree... the Evoke Eddies had astonishingly good clarity and presence. I covet them too.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #107 of 134
I've always been too scared of room stuff to move beyond near field setups. I just got rid of my last one as it sucked (Yamaha HS5s). I have no idea what my next speaker setup will be right now.

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #108 of 134

Definitely still need to explore my options in the speaker market, but I have a setup in mind with those fantastic Evoke Eddie speakers that @willsw has in his shop and it's certainly not going to be the cheapest thing in the world to put together.  I haven't heard the Omegas, I'm going to need to swing by Urban Hifi to check them out and do a comparison to the Eddie, but I have a feeling the Eddie is still going to win out for me.

As a modest buget option  I built these LX minis w/ plans from Segfried Linkowitz.   Madisound sells a kit w/ the drivers.  One trip to the Home Depot plumbing section and one day later they were done. Very happy! Stellar Imaging and no need for a sub.  They just require a 4 ch amp and use an active crossover (included w/ the madisound kit)

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #109 of 134
  As a modest buget option  I built these LX minis w/ plans from Segfried Linkowitz.   Madisound sells a kit w/ the drivers.  One trip to the Home Depot plumbing section and one day later they were done. Very happy! Stellar Imaging and no need for a sub.  They just require a 4 ch amp and use an active crossover (included w/ the madisound kit)

I've been really curious to hear the Linkwitz stuff, it seems very neat.

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #113 of 134

I've been really curious to hear the Linkwitz stuff, it seems very neat.

These guys (formerly Beanstalk Audio) have really refined their Linkwitz-derived speakers, and are local: http://onoaudio.com/ Their speakers sounded great at RMAF, a huge step up from when I heard an early version at CAF. 
I did hear a rumor that they moved to California. I haven't checked in with them in a while.

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #115 of 134
Might be there around 1500..how is parking?

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #120 of 134
Great venue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back