Announcement: August 24 DC area (and anyone else who wants to come) meet
Aug 19, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #16 of 29
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the meet, but perhaps some of my gear still will. The EarMax Pro is going to try and make a show of it.

Aug 22, 2003 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 29
It's this Sunday, folks. If you want to come but don't have directions yet, please contact me ASAP.

Aug 23, 2003 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 29
Hi, Hirsch

Could you send me directions to your place, just in case?

You know, my mother-in-law passed away on the 1st of this month, and my wife is not feeling like going to a party (my nephew's birthday) yet.

After all, there is still a possibility I can make that meet!...

Let me know how to get there.

Regards

Aug 23, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #20 of 29
Directions have gone out to everyone who has asked. If you haven't received them, please contact me ASAP.

There is an Emmeline HR-2 here (Thanks Ray!).

Also here on loan:

Earmax Pro
Wheatfield HA-2

I've got to be forgetting something...
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2003 at 10:01 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I'll be bringing the AudioValve RKV Mk "III" and the EarMax Pro, as well as Beyer DT770's, both 250 ohm and 600 ohm. Perhaps we can have a DT770-off.

MK III?

Aug 24, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
MK III?

There was some confusion awhile back, as some RKV's were apparently sold as MK III. It was later resolved that they were all MKII's...we think.

Aug 24, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

MK III?

Actually, the RKV will not be making it, as I will not be making it. So the question is moot. But the reason I put it in quotes, is because there was an upgrade to the Mk II -- major upgrades, IMHO -- that I think would have benefited from a separate "Mk" designator, although officially, according to AudioValve, it's still a Mk II. And I don't like saying "...Mk II b" or "...Mk II Mk 2", so I just say "'Mk III'" and put it in quotes, so as not to offend AudioValve. So, no, they're not exactly the same (the infamous pop filter being the most audible difference). It even came with a price increase.

Aug 24, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #25 of 29
Dusty Chalk is right, I just bought the RKV MKII from Jan Meier at July, however, my amp looks little bit different from previous RKV MkII. (for example, the case is make of plastic and previous RKV MKII make of glass)

Aug 24, 2003 at 11:21 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
Dusty Chalk is right, I just bought the RKV MKII from Jan Meier at July, however, my amp looks little bit different from previous RKV MkII. (for example, the case is make of plastic and previous RKV MKII make of glass)

I think you mean the top is a plexiglass now. The sides are metal. At least the one I spent some time was. The newest versions have "vents" cut in the tops too.
The thing was built like a tank.

Aug 24, 2003 at 11:24 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

I think you mean the top is a plexiglass now. The sides are metal. At least the one I spent some time was. The newest versions have "vents" cut in the tops too.
The thing was built like a tank.

Agree, it is like what you said!!

Aug 25, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #29 of 29
Meet impressions and photos will be appearing in the Members Lounge in the near future. Since this meet has already happened, I'm going to lock this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back