Angels and Demons appreciation thread!
May 11, 2009 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

moonboy403

Headphoneus Supremus
Since the movie's coming out on May 15th, I thought that it would be nice to make a discussion thread for it (or the book if you read it).

Anyway, discuss away!
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 32
I read the script a few weeks ago (I read the book a few years ago), and it really sounds like a superficial action movie (well, so did the book, but alright). Granted, I never saw "The Da Vinci Code," but the previews I saw of it, coupled with the script of "Angels & Demons" leads me to believe that A&D will be just like it, just a different time and setting.

May 11, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 32
It's got a fantastic score, not sure how good the film will be, but I have my hopes.

May 11, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 32
You didn't like the A&D(book)? I thought it's pretty good especially with the hugely unsuspected twist at the end!

I thought the The Da Vinci Code was incredibly faithful to the book with a few minor differences here and there.

May 11, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You didn't like the A&D(book)? I thought it's pretty good especially with the hugely unsuspected twist at the end!

I thought the The Da Vinci Code was incredibly faithful to the book with a few minor differences here and there.

In my opinion, all of Dan Brown books are already written in a "movie format" of sorts, so the transition shouldn't do much to the book.
wink.gif

May 11, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 32
i read both books, not bcs. brown is tolstoi (NOT), but i just read a lotta junk and a&d is a better book than d.code, although the former does have some odd scenes. i thought the 1st movie was allright, and i'll certainly go see #2 (but i go to a lotta junk movies too ...). i would say brown has an agenda beyond entertainment, but he does not have a manifesto, that i know of anyway.

what do you people think of tom hanks as the professor / slueth? hanks is a talented actor, but to me, it's odd casting.

May 11, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #7 of 32
Hanks certainly acted geeky enough in Da Vinci Code. However, Robert Langdon is supposed to be a 6 foot tall male who's in shape! Tom Hanks certainly doesn't in shape.

May 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The score is not bad, the last track reminds me of Da Vinci Code.

Some of the themes from The Da Vinci Code are carried over and used again (though in a different manner for the most part in the new score, track 2 and the final track have the same violin solo at the start). I don't think the cd release is as good as what The Da Vinci Code got, but still very good.
regular_smile .gif
With regards to the movie even if its bad (which considering I liked the Da Vinci Code movie it is probably unlikely [but not the book]), you can at least close your eyes and enjoy the music.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 11, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #12 of 32
Read both books a few years back when the series was so popular, mostly for small-talk fodder. A&D was a much better read, imo.

Always thought it would translate better to a good action movie much better than TDC too. Hopefully this will be the case, as I thought TDC movie was "bleh".

May 11, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta love all the religious people whose faith is so fragile they refuse to see this movie and have it shaken.

I'll be there on day 1 to watch it...

I didn't think much of The DaVinci Code - book or movie. I probably won't see this, either.

For me, that has nothing to do with religion, which I will not comment on. Though if you've read how I feel about certain audio products, you could probably infer a thing or two.

May 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #14 of 32
Propeganda, propeganda. And people love it. Not you. Just everybody else. IMO i cant stand Dan Brown and the people helping him with info/disinfo. Cant comment more here without posting religious or political.....

May 11, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #15 of 32
I've deleted the pro and anti religion posts. I don't know whether this movie can be discussed without venturing into the inappropriate. I hope it can, I guess we will all see together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back