Andromeda 2020 still relevant in 2023?
Dec 8, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #16 of 21
I usually recommend COMPLY TRZ for highest sound quality, but for reference, the stock Andromeda Foam Tips are pretty good. They sound consistent and allow to give a good reference when comparing the 2020 Version to the ES

Dec 8, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #17 of 21
I have the Andro S which is tuned similarly to the 2020 model I believe. When paired with the Quedilix 5k it is an extremely engaging iem suitable for most genres for me. I also have the OG Dunu SA6 which is also a very good set and more open to pairing with any number of sources, the Ifi Gryphon being my current favorite. I have seen the 2020 Andro going for $400 on the classifieds here and at that price I think it is a great Value. The SA6 goes for that price and sometimes a bit less, also a great choice.

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #18 of 21
Jumping on this topic a little bit late, but I would argue that Andromedas 2020 wasn't one of the best possible purchase even back in 2020. Obviously it all comes down to preferences, one's library, available sources etc. As already explained by others, they are source/cable picky and even when considering their strongest trait: realistic imaging and good soundstage, most other aspects of their sound do not stand out when price is considered (in my humble opinion this applies to both 2020 and ES versions).
When looking at the music preferences of the author, and being extreme/prog (incl. djent) metal fan myself - I found EE Odin to be the most satisfying IEM set for that style of music. I generally think those genres do require require some wieght in the low end and then also good instrument separation, quickness and resolution. It might be a good idea to experiment with the "new wave" of chinese planars IEMs, as many of these should possess previously mentioned traits.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #19 of 21
I get as much enjoyment with the Andromeda CK 2017 Pacific Blue as my Susvara headphone. Still an endgame IEM for me even in 2024!

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #20 of 21
I'd say YES, these can still be relevant. As others have said, proper tips will make a world of difference with these models.

If you are looking for similar CFA sound, I might suggest you look into Ponderosa and Supermoon. Ponderosa sounds close to Andromeda 2020. In my opinion, it sits in between the OG Andromeda and 2020. Supermoon is a good all rounder with a planar driver. I feel like Superman may go well with the genres you mentioned.

Jun 5, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #21 of 21
Pair the Andromeda to "acoustune AET08 specifically the medium size one with the blueish center".
I have the Andromeda-gold-LE for 2.5yrs now and the 2020 for 3yrs now.
And I acquired the SE846 last year and FH9 recently, these are nowhere near compared to the Andromedas even in 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back