Android: Neutron Music Player
Jun 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #91 of 1,374
Could it be that Poweramp has upped their game? I tried the Neutron with 64-bit processing, audiophile resampling, dithering. Both have eq off, instead use Noozxoide to eq. A/B'ed them but cant tell much difference at all between Poweramp and Neutron

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #94 of 1,374
I purchased Neutron today for one reason. Opus support. I converted some FLAC files with dBpoweramp Music Converter to a setting of 128kbps. Put them in my Google Drive folder. Plugged in my Momentums. Have been very pleased.

Just my $.02

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #95 of 1,374
Quote:
I purchased Neutron today for one reason. Opus support. I converted some FLAC files with dBpoweramp Music Converter to a setting of 128kbps. Put them in my Google Drive folder. Plugged in my Momentums. Have been very pleased.

Just my $.02

You could have played your Opus files with the Rockbox app for free.
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #97 of 1,374
Quote:
I've used the Rockbox "app" for Android before. While Neutron's UI is a bit clunky, Rockbox's isn't anything to brag about, IMO.

That is an entirely fair point, at least when I last tried it. I don't know how far it has come since then, but even as it was, I'd rather have its 10-band EQ over Neutron's 4-band (unless Neutron has changed that since I tried it.)

That said,  I am content with Poweramp on my phone and tablet. 

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #98 of 1,374
I didn't see it in the thread and wanted to note that Neutron player supports connecting to SAMBA shares. This allows you to play music from a device such as Seagate's Wireless Plus 1tb or a NAS. This is the only player I've found that easily connects to a SAMBA server w/o rooting.

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #99 of 1,374
That is an entirely fair point, at least when I last tried it. I don't know how far it has come since then, but even as it was, I'd rather have its 10-band EQ over Neutron's 4-band (unless Neutron has changed that since I tried it.)

That said,  I am content with Poweramp on my phone and tablet. 

Nope. Still the 4 band EQ. Quite a strange choice given it's intended audience.

I may have to give RB another to arouand.

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #100 of 1,374
Quote:
Nope. Still the 4 band EQ. Quite a strange choice given it's intended audience.

I may have to give RB another to arouand.

I may give RB another look too one of these days, although given my new phone's HD display, I don't know if there will be a version suitable for it. I know there's a version sized accordingly for my tablet, but I never use that for music.
I still have RB on my Sansas and my iPod though.....wouldn't dream of using them without it.

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #102 of 1,374
Aug 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #104 of 1,374
Quote:
My resolution is of the 1080P variety.

Yeah, mine too. I just tried several of the different  sizes, and none of them are readable. Too bad...it worked nicely on the old Galaxy Player 5.0 with its 800x480 screen, but it's not ready for HD, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back