Android: Neutron Music Player
Jan 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #61 of 1,374
Really thanks a lot !!!

Now digesting the " boeffla kernel" .. totally no idea what is that n how to install n use.. reading n studying at website now..

Thanks again !!!

Be aware that the boeffla kernel is only to be used on the s3 international version :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33478134

You need to be rooted to use it but Imho, the kernel and it's tweaks paired with neutron and my vsonic gr07 be has made an amp redundant. It's like having a totally new device.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #62 of 1,374
To anyone who thinks that an application can't make a difference in sound quality without rooting the device in order to access the kernal: 64-bit volume stepping, dithering, cross-feeding, parametric equalization, and software resampling can make quite a difference. It's like switching to a new media player on a computer without using bit-perfect output to access on a low level.

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #63 of 1,374
Quote:
The thing with power amp is that it sounds horrible without eq.
Neutron sounds great with all settings disabled. Once you add 64 bit processing, dithering, audiophile resampling and audio focus-even while keeping eq disabled it sounds even better.

I am using 1.66.1. Where is that "audio focus" setting?

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #68 of 1,374
For some reason Neutron produces static while playing FLAC files, although from what i've read it may just be me :frowning2:

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #70 of 1,374
Hi all

Since 3 weeks i use Neutron in my Samsung note 2

Like I already post in thread Note 2 , I would like to ask about my Neutron player as follow

Last week I thick some option in my Neutron player like

Up sampling to 64 bit
Choose high quality : audiophile grade
Choose equilaiser
Pre pre amp

After that the sound quality increase more detail and better separation as well
But the midrange become clipping like If my recording over limit
My music file all in WAV

Why the instrument is now improve , but the midrange not , now I try to reset with turn off
Or uncheck the function
But still I can hear the midrange clipping

What's wrong with my neutron player ?
Shall I delete the neutron player and download again ?
If I download again , must pay again the new neutron player ?

Please advise

Thank you

Cheers

Rudi

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #72 of 1,374
Quote:
Hi all

Since 3 weeks i use Neutron in my Samsung note 2

Like I already post in thread Note 2 , I would like to ask about my Neutron player as follow

Last week I thick some option in my Neutron player like

Up sampling to 64 bit
Choose high quality : audiophile grade
Choose equilaiser
Pre pre amp

After that the sound quality increase more detail and better separation as well
But the midrange become clipping like If my recording over limit
My music file all in WAV

Why the instrument is now improve , but the midrange not , now I try to reset with turn off
Or uncheck the function
But still I can hear the midrange clipping

What's wrong with my neutron player ?
Shall I delete the neutron player and download again ?
If I download again , must pay again the new neutron player ?

Please advise

Thank you

Cheers

Rudi

there is a new version that came out 2 days ago . try to update your app and see if that helps.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #74 of 1,374
Hi-wanted to put my 2 cents in again...Used Neutron for quite a while, and had Poweramp, Winamp, DoubleTwist, MixZing, and others I can't think of right now. Really did feel sound was better, though didn't really "A-B" compare closely. Found UI intolerable, though, couldn't manage to add music, find my way around, basically not easy (for me...not such a techie) to master. Back to the stock player on my Razr Maxx for now, using iPod Touch, iPad, HiSound Studio V Anniversary (another good sounding source with a UI and other issues to make one crazy) for most of my music listening, occasionally stream (like Mog, thinking of trying Spotify, though the word in the grapevine is that Mog is better sounding. Spotify does seem easier to use, though. I guess one has to suffer for good sound). Thinking of reinstalling, have a rooted droid maxx, would that make a difference in Neutron's sound/UI? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back