Android: Neutron Music Player
Oct 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #32 of 1,374
Quote:
Hello again
I decided to try it out, so I bought the app on play store. I then downloaded the neon version, and installed it on top of the other. But it doesn't work. Since it works for you. Do you know if I'm doing it wrong. Normal version works though.

This happened to me as well so what I did was I uninstalled the play store version and just installed the neon version. It seems to be working without any issues.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #35 of 1,374
Personally I cannot comment on how it compares to poweramp as I have not used it. However I really enjoy how Neutron sounds on the Note 2 and I have very much gotten used to the ui. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #37 of 1,374
Do you think you could do me a huge favor and download poweramp to AB them, because if there really isn't much of a difference, then I will stick with poweramp. Thanks! :p

Poweramp used to be my favorite player. But flat to flat EQ, Neutron just sounds better. I never heard some instruments I'm hearing in neutron with Poweramp. Adjusting pa's eq just ends up making it sound a little more synthetic.
Neutron has a 5 day free trial so you can test it yourself.

Now can you do me a favor. I know you also use the vsonic gr07 mk2. Could you do an ab comparison with and without the Leckerton UHA 6 s mk2 with Neutron player? Very interested to hear your impressions.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #38 of 1,374
Just tried out Poweramp and have to agree that the ui is better. When I played a few songs on it, it sounded pretty good but when I went and played the same songs back on Neutron, I found Neutron to sound a bit clearer as if a veil had been lifted. The songs were played back with the EQ being switched off on both players and I'm currently using a Note 2 with a pair of Earsonics SM3. Hope this helps. :)

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #39 of 1,374
Poweramp used to be my favorite player. But flat to flat EQ, Neutron just sounds better. I never heard some instruments I'm hearing in neutron with Poweramp. Adjusting pa's eq just ends up making it sound a little more synthetic.
Neutron has a 5 day free trial so you can test it yourself.
Now can you do me a favor. I know you also use the vsonic gr07 mk2. Could you do an ab comparison with and without the Leckerton UHA 6 s mk2 with Neutron player? Very interested to hear your impressions.

Well actually I have the gr07 mk1, and I haven't gotten my galaxy note 2 yet because verizon, sadly has not released it yet :mad: But I will be glad to do a comparison when I get it, sorry about that!

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #40 of 1,374
Just tried out Poweramp and have to agree that the ui is better. When I played a few songs on it, it sounded pretty good but when I went and played the same songs back on Neutron, I found Neutron to sound a bit clearer as if a veil had been lifted. The songs were played back with the EQ being switched off on both players and I'm currently using a Note 2 with a pair of Earsonics SM3. Hope this helps. :)

Since SM3 are very sensitive...is there any difference in the background hiss between Neutron and Poweramp?

Just hit pause and listen to the hiss till the amp shuts down.

Thanks in advance

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #43 of 1,374
Nope! I can't wait to get a note 2 though. Are you considering getting a uha-6s mkii? I can tell you, plugging the leck into my computer through usb and playing music to my gr07, the leck is really amazing, transparent, clean, better soundstage, etc. It is definately worth the price.

I thought you were the one who confirmed the Leckerton working with the sgs3.
Anyways, it would be nice to know your impressions on neutron player with and without the Leckerton attached.

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #44 of 1,374
Quote:
Since SM3 are very sensitive...is there any difference in the background hiss between Neutron and Poweramp?
Just hit pause and listen to the hiss till the amp shuts down.
Thanks in advance

I can't seem to hear the hiss with either of them but perhaps its because my ears aren't that sensitive... 
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #45 of 1,374
i was not fond of the Neutron UI until i figured it out - 3 panels - middle is cover art and basic transport controls, left swipe to get to audio controls, and right swipe to get to the library controls --- seems fine to me, lots of settings to sort thru.  have not been able to really compare with Poweramp until i can figure out the settings so they donl;t just audo -start or resume when i plug the headphone jack in - they were both playing at the same time a few times!!!!!  it's wroth putting up with as it sounds very good running my sm3s gr10s and re272s via an HRT Headstreamer..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back