Android-fi!
Oct 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #646 of 904
  +1, unfortunately my XZ doesn't have a removable battery.

+2

No gottem, may as well buy Apple
eek.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #647 of 904
The only reason why I'm not using their cloud service is because the speeds are absolute trash where I live and I need enough room for all of my music and apps.  I'm fine using google play for music on the go or on other computers (not that much of an audio snob) but waiting for music to buffer 2-5 times each song isn't exactly enjoyable.  

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #648 of 904
It's all good, I understand that everyone is looking for different things from a phone. That's why it's so hard to recommend phones to people, because everyone expects something different.

Personally, when I got my Galaxy Nexus, I just learned to deal with the lack of MicroSD card slot by getting an iPod classic for all my music. Then, when I got the Nexus 4 without a removable battery, I got a mobile battery pack. Honestly though, I haven't needed to use it since the battery is so fantastic.

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #649 of 904
I'm totally fine with using Google Play Music on my phone. T-Mobile's LTE service is decent enough. Sure, there is about an extra second of buffer time for a song to load verses having the song stored locally, but if I'm listening to music on my phone in the first place, it's not what I'd call "critical listening".

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #650 of 904
I download most of the music I listen to the memory. I currently have cached 16gb of music out of a total of 65gb in my Google Play Music. I just refresh the stuff I download every once in a while when i'm on wifi, I rarely feel like listening to music I havent already downloaded.

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #651 of 904
  I download most of the music I listen to the memory. I currently have cached 16gb of music out of a total of 65gb in my Google Play Music. I just refresh the stuff I download every once in a while when i'm on wifi, I rarely feel like listening to music I havent already downloaded.

on the internal memory on sdcard slot?

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #653 of 904
thats what i figured. from what i have read this is no way of moving the music to an sdcard for google music. i havent read up on it in awhile though so hopefully they change it or someone finds a way around it.

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #655 of 904
I sometimes carry around an Anker Astro 3E 10000mah battery for my N4, and at home when I can't be bothered to get out the charger and plug everything in. It lets me play more games and not have to worry about having enough battery to last the whole day.

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #657 of 904
  Anybody here use external batteries for said phones?

I use a Chinese $15 3500mah external battery pack when I think I may be out for a long time, but honestly, battery life is so darned good on the N4 I haven't really had a need for it.

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #658 of 904
I use a Chinese $15 3500mah external battery pack when I think I may be out for a long time, but honestly, battery life is so darned good on the N4 I haven't really had a need for it.

I need one of those charging cases... my Micro-USB port is messed up. So without careful monitoring, the cable pops out really easily. Sadly they are really expensive.

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #659 of 904
Sold my Nexus 10 today and picked up an ipad air. The Nexus 10 was a good machine, but I got sick of the terrible terrible pdf annotation apps and just the general lack of smoothness to its operation and seeing as I mostly use it for study the ipad is a better fit. Oh well.

Still rocking the HTC One and loving it

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #660 of 904
  Ever leave it attached to your phone on a full days use? 

I tend to run the battery down on my phone and then leave it in my pocket, plugged in, then use it, then charge it etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back