Android-fi!
Jun 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #481 of 904
Any better phones out there for Verizon in the near future? Might get a new phone as a birthday gift :)

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #483 of 904
Quote:
Any better phones out there for Verizon in the near future? Might get a new phone as a birthday gift
smily_headphones1.gif

The S4 or HTC One are the ones to beat.  I own an S4 personally and would recommend it.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #485 of 904
Let me help you out here.

I know of most of the roms which I can get for the SIII d2spr. I've lookdd around understand the process, have a custom recovery, so on and so forth. I'm just worried I'll do something stupid on accident.

Really, hard bricking your phone is really... well, hard.

Well. lkke I said in my original post, I flashed the rom for a i9300 not the d2spr which are different in terms of certian hardware.
That said I looked at Carbon and was going to flash that until I saw it gets crappy battery life.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #488 of 904

I knew I wouldnt be the only one, but Im still glad to know there are others.

Ive got a Spigen case and screen protector, plus a 32gb micro SD, and custom nova launcher on mine, how bout you?

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #489 of 904
I knew I wouldnt be the only one, but Im still glad to know there are others.

Ive got a Spigen case and screen protector, plus a 32gb micro SD, and custom nova launcher on mine, how bout you?
I have a flip cover, 8GB SD card and am rooted, deodexed, blah blah blah, etc... And have Nova launcher and nottach xposed on mine.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #490 of 904
Quote:
Newer stuff coming out in a few months that will put both the One and 4 outdated.

For example?
Possibly the Galaxy Note 3, although based on what's known so far it will not 'outdate' either phone, and will be very similar. Also, it could be considered a different part of the market with the screen that size.
Also possibly the Motorola X, but the specs there aren't outdating them either.

Really not sure where you're coming from.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #491 of 904
Quote:
For example?
Possibly the Galaxy Note 3, although based on what's known so far it will not 'outdate' either phone, and will be very similar. Also, it could be considered a different part of the market with the screen that size.
Also possibly the Motorola X, but the specs there aren't outdating them either.

Really not sure where you're coming from.

I thought I must have missed something too.

LG Optimus G2 or Nexus 5 maybe, but they don't have all that much over the One/S4.  Same display but Snapdragon 600 at best, definitely considered same generation in my opinion.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #492 of 904
I'm waiting for the Motorola X right now. Seems like it will be pretty good for the price. Since I still have a few months on my contract, it would be really nice if I could get it for under $300 off contract. Even if the phone isn't a powerhouse, it'll probably be better than my Galaxy Nexus which has been lagging to hell over the past few months or so...

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #493 of 904
Quote:
I'm waiting for the Motorola X right now. Seems like it will be pretty good for the price. Since I still have a few months on my contract, it would be really nice if I could get it for under $300 off contract. Even if the phone isn't a powerhouse, it'll probably be better than my Galaxy Nexus which has been lagging to hell over the past few months or so...

My wife has my old GNex now and running AOKP Milestone 1 (newer Nightly builds should be just fine) with Franco Kernel (probably Milestone 2) and it is silky smooth.  OCed and undervolted at all speed phases no problems.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #494 of 904

My wife has my old GNex now and running AOKP Milestone 1 (newer Nightly builds should be just fine) with Franco Kernel (probably Milestone 2) and it is silky smooth.  OCed and undervolted at all speed phases no problems.
I honestly think just using the phone and installing/uninstalling apps can slow it down. I also wonder if a few of the apps I have that are supposed to speed up the phone don't slow it down in the long run...
Also, chrome has been going slow with the last few updates so I downloaded opera today. Liking it much more.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #495 of 904
Quote:
I honestly think just using the phone and installing/uninstalling apps can slow it down. I also wonder if a few of the apps I have that are supposed to speed up the phone don't slow it down in the long run...
Also, chrome has been going slow with the last few updates so I downloaded opera today. Liking it much more.

Yeah I agree, same thing with computers.

I flash ROMs enough to not notice, but I do highly recommend the "stable" AOKP release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back