Android-fi!
Jun 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #467 of 904
Thought this would be the right place to ask this:
Is there any way to make the volume up/down increments in Android smaller? I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate - and I don't know if this is the same for all Android devices, but there's only 15 increments from muted to full volume. That's not many. Often times, I find that a track is too loud at one level, but the level just below it is too quiet...

I don't have this issue with my iPod Touch. Not only are there more increments, but you can always touch-and-drag to what volume level you want.
Is there any way to get around this in Android?

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #468 of 904
Quote:
Thought this would be the right place to ask this:
Is there any way to make the volume up/down increments in Android smaller? I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate - and I don't know if this is the same for all Android devices, but there's only 15 increments from muted to full volume. That's not many. Often times, I find that a track is too loud at one level, but the level just below it is too quiet...

I don't have this issue with my iPod Touch. Not only are there more increments, but you can always touch-and-drag to what volume level you want.
Is there any way to get around this in Android?

Not that I know of. Digital volume controls are usually built into the chipset so the number of steps is fixed to whatever the manufacturer sets it to.

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #469 of 904
But see, the weird thing is that the Rockbox for Android port that's in development (with builds available online) has way more than 15 increments. The only reason I don't use Rockbox is because the GUI is really convoluted and not fluid, and it crashes here and there.

It makes me think that there's got to be some way to get around it - even if it has to be done in some unorthodox way on the developer's side of things...

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #470 of 904
Quote:
But see, the weird thing is that the Rockbox for Android port that's in development (with builds available online) has way more than 15 increments. The only reason I don't use Rockbox is because the GUI is really convoluted and not fluid, and it crashes here and there.

It makes me think that there's got to be some way to get around it - even if it has to be done in some unorthodox way on the developer's side of things...

Yeah if you go under software control sure. I thought you were actually talking about the buttons on the unit themselves. There may be a software shim out there to do just that.

Neutron player is the way to go on the 'droid. Not intuitive in any way but performance and reliability wise A1.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #471 of 904
So here's something I'm pretty excited about. I just updated my ROM to the newest nightly and now I have HALO from Paranoid Android. I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread before but HALO creates a bubble on the edge of your screen that manages notifications by opening up the app for the notification in a window on top of whatever app you are already running. The great thing about this is that you can open any app with HALO and use the full app on top of any other app you might already be running. This is the greatest form of multitasking I have ever seen on Android. Check it out:

eWcPtHY.png

FZOLrIk.png

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #472 of 904
Does anyone know what the l300 uses for its dac? I get no noise out of the hpo with sensitive in ears. Quality is on par with my clip zip and zune hd.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #473 of 904
So who's dropped a new rom onto their phone?
If so what's the Phone make an model, and what's the Rom?
Along with that, If you haven't put a new rom on: What's your make and model, are you rooted and what launcher do you use?

Not sure if all this has been asked, but I thought it'd be nice to get all of it asked at once, just as a survey kind of thing.

Sprint Galaxy SIII (d2spr), Haven't dropped a new rom on yet, though I've been eyeing CarbonRom quite a bit, but I am rooted and I'm Nova at the moment.
I'm kind of scared to flash a new room to my SIII, given that the first time I gave it a go, I was using an incompatible rom (didn't know it at the time. Thought I had the i9300 and d2spr) and hard brick.
Thankfully it was literally hours after I got the phone and was able to take it to Sprint and get an exchange, telling them that the update that was shot out to the Sprint SIII flashed wrong and caused the problem. (Fraud I know, but It was not even two days later, Didn't have the the $150 to shell out...)

I know everything shoudl turn out fine now that I know the rom is at least compatible with my phone, and I've flashed new roms on several different devices. The knowledge of hard bricking is still there...

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #474 of 904
I have the Samsung galaxy victory. Rooted, running default launcher. I want to drop a new Rom, but the phone has very little development done to it.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #475 of 904
Quote:
Along with that, If you haven't put a new rom on: What's your make and model, are you rooted and what launcher do you use?

Not sure if all this has been asked, but I thought it'd be nice to get all of it asked at once, just as a survey kind of thing.

Sprint Galaxy SIII (d2spr), Haven't dropped a new rom on yet, though I've been eyeing CarbonRom quite a bit, but I am rooted and I'm Nova at the moment.
I'm kind of scared to flash a new room to my SIII, given that the first time I gave it a go, I was using an incompatible rom (didn't know it at the time. Thought I had the i9300 and d2spr) and hard brick.
Thankfully it was literally hours after I got the phone and was able to take it to Sprint and get an exchange, telling them that the update that was shot out to the Sprint SIII flashed wrong and caused the problem. (Fraud I know, but It was not even two days later, Didn't have the the $150 to shell out...)

I know everything shoudl turn out fine now that I know the rom is at least compatible with my phone, and I've flashed new roms on several different devices. The knowledge of hard bricking is still there...

Let me help you out here. I have a rooted and flashed AT&T Galaxy SIII. You need to check out the ROM I'm using. It's called RootBox and is a combination of AOKP, Cyanogenmod, and Paranoid Android. Those three are the most popular Android ROMs out there. This ROM that I run takes the best features from all three of them and puts them together into one ROM.

This is the RootBox website: http://rootbox.ca/

Here is the XDA thread for your phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2268993

When you're flashing, don't forget to flash the Google apps (gapps) after you've flashed the ROM or bad things will happen. With this ROM you only need to do this the first time you flash the ROM. This ROM has a unique backup feature where it saves the gapps when you flash a newer version of the ROM to update. Also I recommend flashing the latest nightly as it runs completely stable and has the most features. The stable builds are usually way behind as far as new features go. I'm running the latest nightly on mine as a daily driver and it works just fine. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #479 of 904
Quote:

Really, hard bricking your phone is really... well, hard. Unless you've flashed the wrong radios or kernel, flashing the wrong rom really shouldn't do that much damage. Couple that with making daily nandroid backups, and you should be set for life. Soft bricks sure are annoying though.
Sprint Galaxy Nexus here, I'm pretty sure I've run just about every rom available. For the last month or so I've stuck with good ol Cyanogenmod and that's almost as smooth as it gets. Vanir and Carbon are both smoother and faster than CM, but Vanir has some odd bugs and pretty poopy battery life, and Carbon runs hotter than the sun and burns me. :frowning2:(((((((

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #480 of 904
Nexus 4 running latest PACMan ROM nightly with Franco.kernel.

Love the display color choices/calibration in Franco's kernel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back