Android-fi!
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #376 of 904
Quote:
Just got a 32-gig Nexus 7. Lots of space for FLAC files. Audio from the headphone jack on the HD598 is OK, not great. I suppose the 3.5mm jack is analogue only, but I wonder if there is a way to extract digital audio out of the micro USB for a portable DAC/amp?

Root it.
This kernel: mehrvarz.github.com/usb-host-mode-power-management-nexus7  + ROM of your choice + USB OTG cable = Allows for you to connect a USB DAC without rebooting every time. Works with my E07K and Topping D1.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #377 of 904
Quote:
Root it.
This kernel: mehrvarz.github.com/usb-host-mode-power-management-nexus7  + ROM of your choice + USB OTG cable = Allows for you to connect a USB DAC without rebooting every time. Works with my E07K and Topping D1.

Thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for!  However, will play around for a while with the stock OS before rooting 
size]

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #378 of 904
Just got a 32-gig Nexus 7. Lots of space for FLAC files. Audio from the headphone jack on the HD598 is OK, not great. I suppose the 3.5mm jack is analogue only, but I wonder if there is a way to extract digital audio out of the micro USB for a portable DAC/amp?

Actually there is a way with the nexus 7. You need to flash a custom kernel that supports it. Last I checked there was one by Poitee that supported USB audio. There are likely others. Here it is: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/30129-kernel-nexus-7-cifsnfsusb-otg-gpu-oc-cpu-oc-072912/

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #379 of 904
Quote:
Actually there is a way with the nexus 7. You need to flash a custom kernel that supports it. Last I checked there was one by Poitee that supported USB audio. There are likely others. Here it is: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/30129-kernel-nexus-7-cifsnfsusb-otg-gpu-oc-cpu-oc-072912/

Thanks, Neurofone! This, and the one posted earlier by Tangster, give me two alternatives to try!

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #381 of 904
So, the photobucket app for android decided to eat through half my battery the other day, so it got uninstalled...
Are there any other good android apps for uploading photos to a server where then can be somewhat privatized while still being shareable without much difficulty?

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #383 of 904
The app "USB Audio Recorder Pro" forces audio out from the USB port. Playback is not its primary function so the UI is a bit clunky, but, it works. I've tried it with my uDAC and M50s and works like a charm.

No root required.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #384 of 904
Quote:

Google Fanboy... -_-
Can you even upload G+ pics via URL to a site like head-fi?
Quote:
The app "USB Audio Recorder Pro" forces audio out from the USB port. Playback is not its primary function so the UI is a bit clunky, but, it works. I've tried it with my uDAC and M50s and works like a charm.

No root required.

Too bad we can't convince the dev to implement some sort of root, system level app that does that across all of android...

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #386 of 904
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #387 of 904
My trusty flip phone from 2005 finally died, so I made the jump to my first smart phone.  Got an LG Optimus L9 with 4.0.4 on T-mobile.  Love it so far!

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #388 of 904
Is there an Android AP that provides MAC iOS / iTunes seamless connectivity?
In other words, plug the Android device into a mac, boot up itunes and the device is readily accessible in iTunes just like an ipod or iPhone?

thanks

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #389 of 904
I would speculate that this would be more of an iTunes plugin than an Android app.  And we all know how controlling Apple is.  If such a plugin did exist, it would likely be disabled with every point release of iTunes.

Saying that, though, for this to work (which it should if designers made it), it would require both the iTunes plugin and the Android app to communicate with iTunes.

Quote:
In other words, plug the Android device into a mac, boot up itunes and the device is readily accessible in iTunes just like an ipod or iPhone?

thanks

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #390 of 904

thanks
Does Isyncr work that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back