Android-fi!
Jan 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #76 of 904
doug, ics is nice but my nexus was slow and buggy. not worth $300 to me. especially when the atrix has the same guts at 1 ghz for free. the atrix2 has plenty of bugs too but at least it is free. i hope you will post if it works good or bad. i could try it again maybe i just got a bad one. the main problem is it refused to pair with my car(mercedes).
i really wanted the razr. but i get att for free. the nexus was worth the try for ics though.

oh, when i kill my apps i get 6% cpu with 9 apps running i have 28% cpu. if that matters.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #78 of 904
it was $300 at best buy. it probably is $200 on amazon or something. i hope i just got a bad one and you can report it is fast and works good because it is the one i really wanted. go ics!
nice thing about bb is you can bring back 50 of them within 30 days so please let us know. the only thing is as i said att is free for me but still the hardware specs on the nexus are worth it.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #80 of 904
Enjoying ICS a ton.  The Nexus responds a ton faster than my wife's atrix, and my previous razr.  Feels faster than any phone I've used before, and I'm definitely loving the new OS

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #82 of 904

Quote:

I take it USB digital out is still enabled w/ your new ICS rom?

ICS does NOT have digital out enabled....yet. There is a thread on Google Issues requesting that Google enable this feature, it would help if the readers of this thread star this issue to prod Google to do the right thing.

Link: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24614

You must be signed in to your Google account and then click the star in the lower left hand corner.

Also the Nexus world is patiently waiting for Cyanogenmod to release CM9 for the Galaxy Nexus as this ROM would also have digital USB out..........but we must wait untill it is done.

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #86 of 904

Quote:
USB digital out is always just around the corner.... it's one of my few gripes with Android, and the reason I'm sticking with my iPad2 for now. 

Same, went w/ a Nokia N8 also for the camera.  Got sick of waiting.  Plus gimping the Nexus hardware to protect the Galaxy SII was the last straw.  I'll worry about it again in another two years.

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #88 of 904
yeah, i just saw it was $99 at amazon. a week ago it was $199 there if i remember correctly. a few weeks it should be $50 or free. the thing that gets me is, yes it has ics but it is not their high end phones. the galaxy are. the sii skyrocket is still a better phone sans ics. in fact the razr is probably the best phone according to most professional reviews and it is scheduled to get ics. the problem with these darn things is you either wait forever and have nothing or go get one already. every week there will be a better phone and the one before it will be free. which begs the question, why do they make one sign a two year contract? i suppose if one is a uber geek they just buy unlocked phones and are not locked into a contract. then they can get the latest hardware every week for $600. me personally it is not worth that. they all work ok. i also imagine before i know it i will have ics on any phone. cm etc. thats the great thing about android. windows,apple you get what you see and thats it. well, for the most part i know about jailbreak etc. probably no os upgrades on those though. me personally it is not such a huge part of my life. i know many folks it is like glued to their hand.

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #89 of 904

Quote:
yeah, i just saw it was $99 at amazon. a week ago it was $199 there if i remember correctly. a few weeks it should be $50 or free. the thing that gets me is, yes it has ics but it is not their high end phones. the galaxy are. the sii skyrocket is still a better phone sans ics. in fact the razr is probably the best phone according to most professional reviews and it is scheduled to get ics. the problem with these darn things is you either wait forever and have nothing or go get one already. every week there will be a better phone and the one before it will be free. which begs the question, why do they make one sign a two year contract? i suppose if one is a uber geek they just buy unlocked phones and are not locked into a contract. then they can get the latest hardware every week for $600. me personally it is not worth that. they all work ok. i also imagine before i know it i will have ics on any phone. cm etc. thats the great thing about android. windows,apple you get what you see and thats it. well, for the most part i know about jailbreak etc. probably no os upgrades on those though. me personally it is not such a huge part of my life. i know many folks it is like glued to their hand.

RAZR Maxx is more durable aye. 2011 as we saw had an insane launch lineup of phones but not many stood out, HTC at least has already said & I hope others follow suite that they will be focusing on creating less models, but ones that stand out. Thus... Quality over quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back