Android-fi!
Dec 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #47 of 904

Quote:
I'm surprised you went with the n8 with the new meego n9 out now.  I recently got an n9.

8MP camera, no removable uSDHC, I'm not sure if USB2go is supported still, wasn't listed on the specs.  Plus carrier based, it'll be WinMobile here and I'll have to likely jailbreak it for internet sharing off plan.  If I by it the cost would be more than double what I paid for the N8.  It's a pretty phone though.  

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of that.

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #49 of 904
I got my Moto Razr almost a month ago and am still perfectly happy with it. A real keeper so far and Android is only getting better and better with each version.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #51 of 904
Just got my Galaxy S II Skyrocket today.  It's doing its initial charge and then I'll start playing with it!

I do live in an LTE area so I'm looking forward to some serious speed at least until more users show up
frown.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #53 of 904
my evo shift rooted took a swim and the screen wasnt working.  i picked up an epic 4g (not s2) off craigslist to use in the meantime until i switch carriers.  this thing is slow. typing on the physical keyboard leaves out letters and spaces like crazy.  i know my speedy shift has a slower (but newer) processor but it was way faster than this.

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #56 of 904

Quote:
How are ICS roms running?

Right now unless you own a nexus device, ICS roms are pretty buggy, especially if your phone has any features that are not on a nexus phone.

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #57 of 904
I have a Droid X--I like it, but lately, the bottom 1/4 of the screen turns light grey and flickers for a while. It eventually clears up, but it's annoying in the interim. Has anyone else had this problem?

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #58 of 904

Quote:
I have a Droid X--I like it, but lately, the bottom 1/4 of the screen turns light grey and flickers for a while. It eventually clears up, but it's annoying in the interim. Has anyone else had this problem?

I didn't have that problem with the X but if you have the extended warranty through verizon, you can call and they will send you out a replacement unit after going through some troubleshooting tips. The thing is, they're out of replacement droid X's now so when I called them with a problem with the X they sent me, they kindly sent me out a droid 3 instead.

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #59 of 904

Quote:
my evo shift rooted took a swim and the screen wasnt working.  i picked up an epic 4g (not s2) off craigslist to use in the meantime until i switch carriers.  this thing is slow. typing on the physical keyboard leaves out letters and spaces like crazy.  i know my speedy shift has a slower (but newer) processor but it was way faster than this.

I would look into rooting your Epic.  There are alot of ROMS that resolve the issue with the skipping keys when typing on the physical keyboard, and they also speed up the overall experience of the phone.  Stock Gingerbread was so slow, I couldn't wait until I was able to update to something custom.  And if you get one of the kernels that support Voodoo Sound, then you'll improve the sound on the music player quite dramatically.  Or at the very least, the Epic version of CyanogenMod recently became official and the sound app, DSP Manager, that's included with it will also help if you wanna go that route.  The folks over at XDA have done a great job of keeping this phone competitive and functional, despite Sprint and Samsung's negligence. 

Was just browsing the forums looking for the best music player for my Epic and noticed this.  Thought I'd try to offer a suggestion to help improve what is still a pretty decent phone.  And since your last phone was rooted, that experience should make it somewhat simple to do it for your new one.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #60 of 904
Current phone is an HTC Rezound w/unlocked bootloader and CleanRom1.2 (no more Verizon bloat!) - and no - I'm not using the iBeats that came with it!
HTC announced unlocked bootloaders for a slew of new phones right after Xmas and TBH, I was more excited about this than Xmas!  I really hated the bloatware on the phone and it crippled performance and battery life.  I was about to sell the phone and get a Galaxy Nexus until the unlock was announced - now the phone works much better (no overheating on LTE, better battery life, snappier, etc.)

Big Android fan and I also have:
Toshiba Thrive (stock - for the missus)
Nook Color (rooted, CM7)

And I've had:
Viewsonic Gtablet (rooted, VeganTab)
Motorola Photon
HTC Evo 4G
Tmobile G2
Tmobile G1

love this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back