Android-Fi --- Who is using a G1 out there!?
Jan 6, 2009 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

freedomflyer

Head-Fier
Hey everybody, I'm wondering which of you enterprising individuals are using a T-Mobile G1 or are planning to purchase an Android device in the near future when more come out. Personally, I am LOVING my G1...I actually sold my iPhone and got my shiny new G1...this thing has so many more options and functionality, it's out of this world!

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 48
My girlfriend has one, Google edition
tongue.gif

Nice phone, too bad data plans is expensive. Going to start coding some apps for it soon. Head-Fi android app will likely be among first few
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #3 of 48
i'm using the iphone, but i have to say, i feel a bit of a sinner for not going open source; i see great things for android; just look at the **** spewing out of china..........but seriously, i love google and android is going to be ****ing great in a year or so

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 48
I have to decide between the iphone and android. The iphone's hardware is close to being perfect, but it is so locked down. I may get a second hand developer g1. It depends on what apple puts out this june with a new iphone and 3.0.

Apr 12, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #7 of 48
uzziah,

Goto quickpwn.com and crack the iPod.

Then go to to the Cydia installer and get the programming tools (toolbox) and be sure to get the terminal program along with OpenSSL. That should give you plenty of onboard dev space.

I have had a lot of fun playing around with the SDK of some programs made by members of Hackulo.us who provide their soruce code. Adding your own levels to Doom or adding mods....You could also do useful stuff. I use my iPod as a mini computer and for me it is a great option that slips into my pocket a lot better than a netbook.

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 48
img0280f.tif

Why buy a G1, when my Tilt can run android no problem?

Edit: Bit of noise, lemme get a better pic

img0638w.jpg

There, much better pic
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #10 of 48
Haykuro? Is that a developer? Im currently using Dzo's Latest build from xda-developers.

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azazel90x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haykuro? Is that a developer? Im currently using Dzo's Latest build from xda-developers.

I assume it probably won't work on that since yours is a port, but it's a port of the HTC Sapphire (Cupcake?) interface to the HTC Dream.

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #12 of 48
Yea, cupcake works on the kaiser they have ported that, but right now the devs are sticking with SDK 1.1 since its the most stable and it has android market and google sync

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 48
I have a g1, while I love the phone to death 2 things are dealbreakers for me.

1) Battery life is really lacking, I get a full day if lucky on one charge.
2) I miss so many calls because the vibrate function is so weak, this especially makes my GF very angry.

It's a really cool phone otherwise, the GF thing is the worst though
frown.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #15 of 48
Its meh, especially since android is constantly connected to the 3g network and data is constantly being flowed through the device. But i can prob last a whole day with moderate use and a couple hours with super heavy use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back