Android-Fi --- Who is using a G1 out there!?
May 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azazel90x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, i mean ATT is taking 3g off the 1900mhz spectrum, and puttin it on the 850mhz.

I haven't heard anything about this- but they may do that for their 4G that's supposed to be hitting towers this Q4.

May 11, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #33 of 48
Meh, me personally, im excited for the samsung android phone, that looks sick, and it has a 3.5mm headphone jack!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightbitpotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard anything about this- but they may do that for their 4G that's supposed to be hitting towers this Q4.

Yea, theyre doing it and upgrading their towers to HSPA+ so we can get 7.2mbs download speed. 4g is a completely different thing, and thats not coming till late 2010

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaquib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going from the iPhone, how are you liking the G1?

Loving it. Did you just get yours? If so, how far have you gone into modding the ROM (or are you not considering it :< )?

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #37 of 48
the android is where it's AT!!!

Coming from 3 generations of Treo Smartphones with REAL applications and REAL Tactile keyboards just made me wonder HOW I put up with the iPhoney for so LONG... It was a horrible and clumsy UI it sounded AWFUL and Sterile MUSICALLY if you can shoehorn "musical" and "iPhone" into the same sentence and not have the Universe crack in half...

To top it off, I am one happy guy. Now. Thank You Larry, My buddy who let me test drive his G-1... and T-Mobile, who've been a peach. This phone is slick. Its just right for moi. It's fun, cute and it even comes in the "naughty" rubber finish. I'm going to get one of those Seido Innocell 2600 mAh battery packs for it!

Then I will really be able to rock out. OH and it takes quite nicely to amping. I just stuck a piece of Velcro Carpet to the back of it... and I'm In Like Flynn... Not that it "needs" amping... it has this wonderful "Bamboo Audio" sound that I'm totally in love with. Spacious with wonderful instrumentation... It's killer. I wonder what audio chip it has. Go HTC!

OH and I just got myself an order of Sandisk 16 GB MicroSDHC card to top it all off. for now.

Here's a pic:

picture.php

or two:

picture.php

Woo! i named it .:{Beast}:.

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #38 of 48
I have a t-mobile G1 rooted with Cyanogen (R.I.P) 4.0.4.
I LOVE it..by far the best phone I've used ever. Windows mobile just sucks in comparison, Symbian I've never liked too much.

Apps installed on mine:
  1. Nimbuzz - MSN/Gtalk/AIM client
  2. Shazam - music recognition service..AMAZING, it works so well
  3. ShopSavvy - reads barcodes using G1's camera and gives online prices etc.
  4. Barcode Scanner - same again but can read QR codes
  5. Spotify - Spotify client for Android, premium members only
  6. Weatherbug - EXCELLENT weather app
  7. Wireless Tether - amazing app, turn your G1 into a wireless access point (rooted G1's only)
  8. WikiMobile - Wikipedia mobile version
  9. Nitrodesk Touchdown - full Exchange syncronisation support (not free, $19.99)
  10. 0870 - automatically intercepts calls to 0870/0845/0844 numbers and attempts to direct them to geographical numbers, works very well
  11. Facebook - no explanation needed
  12. London Underground - Tube map + plan your journey and travel updates etc.

wireless tether is just nuts..using a phone as a wireless AP? yes pl0x
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #43 of 48
I bought the G1 on its release.

Tmobile has been very slow to release proper accesories for it, luckily online hasn't. I added an adapter to use standard headphones, and a 2300 battery.

16gig card of course.

Apps:

Pandora
Google Sky
level
barcode scanner
weather channel
robo defense

John C.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #44 of 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back