And they say that crack is addictive
Apr 4, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #34 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much damage to the wallet so far?
I have been on Head fi slightly less than you (just graduated from junior head-fier to head foer, looking forward to 50th post lol)....arranged for a stranger to take receipt of my Senns 555 and ATH -AD700's in Orchard Park, New York, will be making a 2 and half hour drive on Sunday across the border to get them and return trip back...
already looking at amps....and a better soundcard...and used turntables....I started out wanting something to watch Blu-ray on my PC....
my wife is not amused.....I said there are worse hobbies...like crack!
L3000.gif

I don't like to think of it as damage to the wallet, rather as an investment in some of the finer things that life has to offer but all told it's a tad over 1 grand; so far.

Small world. My uncle lived in Oshawa and I've lived in Oakville, Deep River, Buffalo and all my relatives are in the St. Catharines area.

If you're looking at amps and a better soundcard, why not combine the two? This thread is what convinced me to go that route, with the STX.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/xo...k-peak-380717/

I bought my STX @

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E1 SPDIF Sound Card 124DB SNR W/ Headphone AMP - XONAR ESSENCE STX In Canada.

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #35 of 60
Apr 4, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #36 of 60
How about photography which consists of lens costing 10k? Watch collection is sick. I read a magazine on watches and the cheaper ones each cost equal to an orpheus. Aquarium hobby is also pretty expensive.

Apr 4, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #37 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about photography which consists of lens costing 10k? Watch collection is sick. I read a magazine on watches and the cheaper ones each cost equal to an orpheus. Aquarium hobby is also pretty expensive.

And miniature wargaming, which I used to be into. An army worth doing battle with costs $3-600 and countless hours planning, assembling and painting. I still have an army around and take 'em out from time to time...

Apr 4, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #38 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And miniature wargaming, which I used to be into. An army worth doing battle with costs $3-600 and countless hours planning, assembling and painting. I still have an army around and take 'em out from time to time...

"picks his jaw up from the floor"

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #39 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a cousin who was into this. He sold his stuff off on ebay sometime before he got married, made a bundle.

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #40 of 60
I'm done for now...
Until HD800 goes below $1000 next year...

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #42 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like to think of it as damage to the wallet, rather as an investment in some of the finer things that life has to offer but all told it's a tad over 1 grand; so far.

Small world. My uncle lived in Oshawa and I've lived in Oakville, Deep River, Buffalo and all my relatives are in the St. Catharines area.

If you're looking at amps and a better soundcard, why not combine the two? This thread is what convinced me to go that route, with the STX.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/xo...k-peak-380717/

I bought my STX @

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E1 SPDIF Sound Card 124DB SNR W/ Headphone AMP - XONAR ESSENCE STX In Canada.

thanks for help! I will go looking now.
Heading to Buffalo tomorrow to pick up my Senns 555 and AD700's...very excited!

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #44 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a cousin who was into this. He sold his stuff off on ebay sometime before he got married, made a bundle.

I probably could, as they're fairly well painted (if I do say so myself).
smily_headphones1.gif
I just put so much effort into painting it that I'd hate for anyone else to be using my army. That and I don't think some of the troop equipment is game-legal any more.

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #45 of 60
I started off with this:

"Oh man, a Zune and PortaPros is gonna be awesome."

Which led to:

"A P-51 Mustang and HD650s" (Yes, I know it's a ridiculous mix) "is going to be perfect."

And that led to:

"Man, I want something totally different, I'll get some used DT770 '05s."

Now I want to get a nice big amp and DAC and (of course) more headphones. And maybe even cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back