And they say that crack is addictive
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #16 of 60
I haven't spent nearly as much as you guys, (about $250) but I am very happy with the gear I've bought on recomendations here:

JVC HAFX34 Marshmallows
JVC HAFX66 Air Cushions
FiiO E3
Denon D1001
JVC HARX900
JVC HARX700

So happy, that I'm forgoing an amp in favor of a nice recliner as the next upgrade to music appreciation.
beerchug.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much damage to the wallet so far?
I have been on Head fi slightly less than you (just graduated from junior head-fier to head foer, looking forward to 50th post lol)....arranged for a stranger to take receipt of my Senns 555 and ATH -AD700's in Orchard Park, New York, will be making a 2 and half hour drive on Sunday across the border to get them and return trip back...
already looking at amps....and a better soundcard...and used turntables....I started out wanting something to watch Blu-ray on my PC....
my wife is not amused.....I said there are worse hobbies...like crack!
L3000.gif

I keep on telling my wife that I am planning on selling some of these headphones, after all, how can one person ever use so many headphones???
beerchug.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #18 of 60
Carlsan, you've bought ALL of those headphones since joining ONE MONTH AGO?

Wow.

Can't wait to check out your sig in June.
smily_headphones1.gif

You're undoubtedly MUCH wealthier than me, but I don't know much else about you, so I don't think it's my place to say this, but my dear fellow head-fier, I'd feel remiss if I didn't tell you...

Carlsan, you may have a problem.

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Carlsan, you've bought ALL of those headphones since joining ONE MONTH AGO?

Wow.

Can't wait to check out your sig in June.
smily_headphones1.gif

You're undoubtedly MUCH wealthier than me, but I don't know much else about you, so I don't think it's my place to say this, but my dear fellow head-fier, I'd feel remiss if I didn't tell you...

Carlsan, you may have a problem.

Actually I am planning on selling a few of these, just have to decide which ones. As the op said, this is like crack!

Btw, had the Senn 555 and the Shure 530 & Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4 already, owned one for about a year, the other six months. Also, I did sell the AKG K701 that I picked up.
The Bayer's 990 (250 ohm) I have owned for years, may be selling those soon as I would rather listen to all my new toys first!

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #20 of 60
After having no weak link in the chain of audio, I finally broke the addiction. I mean, there’s gotta be another hobby you can poor money into rather than spending a few hundred bucks on small percentages of improvement that many will have a hard time passing on an ABX test. For me, if I can’t tell the difference in an ABX test, than the upgrade wasn’t worth it. It took me about $500 to realize this, but i guess thats thats the reason for a for sell forum

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #21 of 60
I was on here for about 5 months all the time, but realised upgradeitis was setting in, so I stopped coming to head-fi. This managed to stave off the upgradeitis for a little while, and I lasted all of 3 months without head-fi, but then I decided I'd just check back in once, since the upgradeitis hit especially hard that day, and now I'm back on. I've spent about $750 CAD in the past month. The truly scary part is that I have other related purchases in my sights.

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1m80t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After having no weak link in the chain of audio, I finally broke the addiction. I mean, there’s gotta be another hobby you can poor money into rather than spending a few hundred bucks on small percentages of improvement that many will have a hard time passing on an ABX test. For me, if I can’t tell the difference in an ABX test, than the upgrade wasn’t worth it. It took me about $500 to realize this, but i guess thats thats the reason for a for sell forum

So what's your rig like now?

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #25 of 60
Who says crack is addictive?!

2987777856_92a34aa825.jpg

Huh?! Who, dammit?!?!

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #27 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what's your rig like now?

Y1 gamma, M^3, Sr225 soon to be woodied (because my recently retired dad is bored and has all the parts and tools to do it for free).

Bad purchases because i upgraded within a few weeks: sr80, cmoy, mini^3

Definitely not high end, but hardly junk. I honestly have no desire to put anymore money on headphones and related equipment. It was fun, but i just dont make enough money to not feel bad when the sq only impoved just so much. Again, this is only me.

Still, I guess someone might ask why I spend so much time on headfi, and that’s so i can use the for sell forum, and helping people is always nice.

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #29 of 60
my wallet feels your pain too and i also have it bad because of these forums. its been a week and i have already traded old dj gear for the klipsch custom 3s, bought a modded pair of yuin pk1s from a head-fier, and just picked up a pair of IE8s today. while i was in the store for the IE8s, the sales clerk offered me a pair of grado rs-2s to listen to. i had to jump out of there like a bat out of hell!

now to send off that email to the audiologist...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back