.....and, I'm up for air!
Jul 29, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #166 of 273
I miss Tyll. I accidentally stumbled upon this thread, and recalled the time that I got into this hobby, and he was my main source of knowledge in the headphone world.

Tyll, I wish you all the beast! Have fun in your journey! Hope to hear some updates soon.
No problem, he takes calls on his mobile for headphone advice from 9-12 every Monday.
I will PM you the number...
I totally agree with you, he is missed, a lot!

Jul 31, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #170 of 273
^^ ??? Reviewing headphones and related gear, as well as covering meets and industry events is precisely what Tyll did. Few, if any, I know say that Tyll, who brought us the first portable headphone amps, failed to provide "added value".

Now at IF those same general things are still done, but by mostly different people and in a different way and style. I agree that today the amount of added value of IF is usually not that great.

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #171 of 273
Don't even know how it looks like those days. Stopped following Inner Fidelity about a month after Tyll left. Who needs another site that covers meets and reviews gear? Where's the added value?

I sure do agree with that..

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #172 of 273
^^ ??? Reviewing headphones and related gear, as well as covering meets and industry events is precisely what Tyll did. Few, if any, I know say that Tyll, who brought us the first portable headphone amps, failed to provide "added value".

Now at IF those same general things are still done, but by mostly different people and in a different way and style. I agree that today the amount of added value of IF is usually not that great.

And what about all of the "Science behind the technology" articles whe wrote?

The measurements explanations and bunch of other headphone related stuff?

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #173 of 273
^ Yes there is a great deal less of most things that at least some of the community have found to be of value. And yes much, if not all, of what you mentioned can also be found right here and on other sites as well.

Individual mileage varies. Yet probably the most bemoaned and missed--by more community members than the items you mentioned--is the Wall of Fame, which is now a legacy and not a living thing. I wonder when they will take it down all together.

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #174 of 273
I miss Tyll. I accidentally stumbled upon this thread, and recalled the time that I got into this hobby, and he was my main source of knowledge in the headphone world.

I so much agree. I miss him too!

No problem, he takes calls on his mobile for headphone advice from 9-12 every Monday.
I will PM you the number...
I totally agree with you, he is missed, a lot!

Really? You can just call him? In which time zone is he?

Don't even know how it looks like those days. Stopped following Inner Fidelity about a month after Tyll left. Who needs another site that covers meets and reviews gear? Where's the added value?

The problem is that at least I do not know the reviewers and they change all the time. I loved this single voice approach of innerfidelity with some cat fights with Bob Katz inbetween. BTW what happened to him. His blog has also not been updated since May 2018

And what about all of the "Science behind the technology" articles whe wrote?

The measurements explanations and bunch of other headphone related stuff?

The science part was so incredible valuable. He really tried to understand for himself but took us a long on the journey.

^ Yes there is a great deal less of most things that at least some of the community have found to be of value. And yes much, if not all, of what you mentioned can also be found right here and on other sites as well.

I have to be honest I have a hard time to to navigate this head-fi and the web to find something similar wha Tyll did. In case you have any tipps this would be highly appreciated.

Yet probably the most bemoaned and missed--by more community members than the items you mentioned--is the Wall of Fame, which is now a legacy and not a living thing. I wonder when they will take it down all together.

You are so right. I still go there and read about certain headphones and base buying decisions on them.

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #175 of 273
Another fairly recent (6 months ago) video featuring Tyll:

This is Totally what Tyll is like! Hope he’s still having fun and enjoying the time to fiddle around with making stuff :)

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #176 of 273
hey Tyll!! Need to come up for air now, its been a while :)

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #178 of 273
And thus, the legend comes back... in contact with the HIFI world since- 11 months ago. I'm Late.
Anyways, Innerfidelity is now... eh. They still have not produced part 2 of their Quad Era One, which was their product of the year. Look, placing a product as "Product of the year" without going in depthas to how it sounds is both lazy and quite asinine, IMHO. But Oh Well!

Anywas, this post is only to get notifications!:floatsmile::floatsmile::floatsmile:

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #180 of 273
Tyll is probably hold up the mountains somewhere having diy-ed himself a still.

Have a image in my head of him happily sipping moonshine under the stars the camp fire crackling as he throws on another log leaning back on his chair watching the orange embers as they lazily float up into the night sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back