And he walked away with a smile *a JH5 review*
Dec 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #16 of 30

Quote:
Quote:
I'll have to wait until some people get the other pair of customs I was planning on getting. I have a pair of customs that sounds quite natural but has a slight emphasis in the vocals and doesn't really do anything wrong. It sounds like the JH5 would be similar..maybe when I get impressions done the dealer has a demo for me to hear. I should really find out about that.

Probably the best idea, the JH5's really are wonderfully natural and may in fact be quite similar to the customs you are talking about. A demo would be a good idea if possible to see if they might be too similar in that they might not be worth it if your looking for something new.

No problem justyourboy, glad I could help and clear that up, 

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 30
Could you show me a picture of them in your ear correctly with the better fit?

Dec 4, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #18 of 30
these are 2 driver customs right?  good read.  nice to see you enjoy them that much.

but the takeaway message: the CK10s are almost as good as customs.  right 
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #19 of 30
No, not really. I owned the CK10s for a brief period, and while they were nice (fit was bad for me, so I sold them), they are, on balance, not the same SQ experience as the JH5s. Just my view. Solidsnake3 may have a different view, but if I had CK10s now, they would sit in a drawer. I would never choose to use them over the JH5.

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #20 of 30
I think it's about time that you gave me your CK10 for cheap SolidSnake3 :)

If these are too similar then no matter how good they are I won't be getting them. How's the clarity and speed throughout the entire spectrum? Also how does it fare with imaging.

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #21 of 30
Solidsnake - How do the JH5 compare to the HD600?  

Can anyone else comment on how the JH5 compare to full size cans which are < $500??    I have heard that the JH13 and JH16 are fully capable of delivering the same sound quality as many high-end full size cans.  I'd be interested to know what the JH5's can do.  

I already feel that my Westone 3's are on the same level as my D2000's in many aspects.  I would think it is likely that the JH5 can compete with some full-size cans.

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 30
my post was out of sarcasm.  haha.  sorry it doesn't convey well over the interwebs.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #25 of 30

Quote:
Great review.  I hope I enjoy my JH16s and much as you enjoy your JH5. 

Psssssh topper!

Seriously though, I'd love to hear a direct comparison between the two to see how much of a difference ~$700 makes.  I've read instances of people demoing them, but never anyone who owned both and logged some serous hours with each in their ears.

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
Great review.  I hope I enjoy my JH16s and much as you enjoy your JH5. 

From what I've gathered the JH 13 is a JH 5 with extended lows and extended highs (incredible highs apparently) and that the jh 16 is a jh 13 with even more bass and headroom.

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #27 of 30
The 13s are dryer, faster and more extented sounding at both ends than the 5s. They have that hold on to the music feeling even to a greater degree. 16s are for guys that want or need more than a natural amount of bottom. Value depends on use and need. For portable use it's difficult to argue that spending more than $4-500 is going to benefit you.

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #28 of 30

Quote:
Psssssh topper!

Seriously though, I'd love to hear a direct comparison between the two to see how much of a difference ~$700 makes.  I've read instances of people demoing them, but never anyone who owned both and logged some serous hours with each in their ears.

Coming up in a few days...

Dec 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #29 of 30
I just wanted to throw in that the artwork turned out fandamntastic solidsnake3. I feel bad for even doubting Zac's ability to make this stuff stick.

Reading your comments regarding the hd600 really makes me want to compare to my sr225. Those, for me, are the king of the hill for transparency, cohesion, and perfection with rock music.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #30 of 30

Quote:
I think it's about time that you gave me your CK10 for cheap SolidSnake3 :)

If these are too similar then no matter how good they are I won't be getting them. How's the clarity and speed throughout the entire spectrum? Also how does it fare with imaging.

Honestly I'm really considering selling the CK10's and if I do I will let you know about it. Part of me wants to sell them to fund the purchase of a Schiit Asgard for my Senn HD600's however there is this nagging thought that I should hold onto them. I feel like I might somehow, someday regret not having them if only for the purpose of letting my friends listen to them. As of right now though they sit quite unused as a result of the JH5's superiority.

The clarity and speed are the best I have ever experienced. They are just a tiny bit better than the CK10's in these regards however it is very close. Some of the micro detail like a cough or chairs moving sounds just a bit more real on the JH5's than the CK10's and is slightly more defined. The imaging is top of the game for me as well. I am able to close my eyes and visualize the band members placement. I feel like I can place everyone in a realistic 3D space.

Quote:
Solidsnake - How do the JH5 compare to the HD600?  

Can anyone else comment on how the JH5 compare to full size cans which are < $500??    I have heard that the JH13 and JH16 are fully capable of delivering the same sound quality as many high-end full size cans.  I'd be interested to know what the JH5's can do.  

I already feel that my Westone 3's are on the same level as my D2000's in many aspects.  I would think it is likely that the JH5 can compete with some full-size cans.

For me, the JH5's actually fare very well compared to the Senn HD600's. I can honestly say I don't find the Senn HD600's to really be better than the JH5's. To me they are both pretty equal actually and I find there sounds to be quite similar as well. I have done a small bit of testing between the two and there really is not a strong difference standing out to me. I don't find myself wishing I was listening to my Senn's while I have the JH5's in my ears like I used to with the CK10's every now and then. 

Quote:
I just wanted to throw in that the artwork turned out fandamntastic solidsnake3. I feel bad for even doubting Zac's ability to make this stuff stick.

Reading your comments regarding the hd600 really makes me want to compare to my sr225. Those, for me, are the king of the hill for transparency, cohesion, and perfection with rock music.

I really am amazed at the artwork as well. The design turned out great and the quality on it is just great, very happy I went with the custom art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back