Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Dec 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #2,911 of 3,813

I think it's time for you to change your handle from GermanGuy to GermanGenious.

Has anyone else noticed a piercing hiss (for lack of a better term), when a metal object contacts the case, or the case is grounded? It seems to only happen on the left channel, on my unit. Easily avoidable, and I only noticed it by accent, but I am curious.

interesting, have to think about. some questions:

- don't understand how this sound sounds
- any metal object or a special one
- maybe a magnetized metal object
- are you sure your ground is really ground.
- does this happen without signal and input cables, volume turned down to zero

the first crystal radios just worked by connecting one side to real ground and the other to an antenna of fitting length.

you can be an antenna when touching a grounded but not shielded device.

is your input cable a coax type and the inner wire the right but the outer wire the left channel?

Very high frequency burst that hurts the eardrum.

Has only happened when the metal object (seemingly any metal object) was in my hand. Ground related?

The objects were not magnetized.

I am not sure my ground is really ground.

Don't know about the volume knob. Has only happened twice, but when it happened the sound of the pierce was of much higher volume than I ever listen. (And sometimes I do listen loud).

I can't answer your last question, my input is an 8 strand BTG cable and I don't know how it's wired. I can probably find out if necessary.

Thanks GG!

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #2,912 of 3,813
ok, if it is only the left channel and the sound appears when touching the amp the only reason i could think of would be that not know how the left input channel or something else of the left channel has contact to the housing ?!

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2,914 of 3,813
  i can't believe, but after joining head-fi on April, 2013 this now is really my post #1000, and i am happy that it is in this group and thread.

Congratz GG... 
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #2,916 of 3,813
Thanks Boringer, just posted the link on the ASP Facebook page. One thing I think I might add that explains the grain he hears with the LCD X is that I find grain on my LCD 2's as well. I don't experience grain on any other headphone including my ultra revealing ER4S's.

I wonder if it is the cleanness of the amp revealing a sonic signature in the Audeze's that other amps do not show, especially solid state amps.

I understand what he means about bass depth though. That is not an issue for me as I am not a deep bass person, more a texture bass one. It does not surprise me he finds the 900's a great pairing in that respect as they have substantial bass and probably balance out more with this amp than any other.

Excellent honest review though I thought.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #2,917 of 3,813
I always like Mike's review. I think he would like the tur06 better
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2,918 of 3,813
I think your right. I think he did a great job. I wonder if he reads this forum as i truly think the grain is the Audeze's doing.

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #2,919 of 3,813
Yes a2p amp is very revealing. I even love the hiss that the amp making. It really shows how sensitive the amp really is.
For now I really don't care to find about other dap as source or other amp to replace the tur06. now my goals is just to find a pair of great headphone to match this set.. still thinking to upgrade my ak100 to rwak100-s though.. but lack of dsd format is just a big no for me.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #2,920 of 3,813
It's not often I see Mike get so impressed on a product.
I believe TU-05 really tickles his excitement.

Quote:
I think your right. I think he did a great job. I wonder if he reads this forum as i truly think the grain is the Audeze's doing.

Ian, may be you can ask him on his FB or blog.
It's interesting to see his opinion about it. Thanks.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #2,922 of 3,813
Ian, may be you can ask him on his FB or blog.
It's interesting to see his opinion about it. Thanks.

I followed the link to his FB page but it came up as not existing, if you have a link that would be great. I am really glad he enjoyed it.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #2,923 of 3,813
I never use ak100 without amp. Never like its direct sound.. sounds too light for me.. just like Mike's impression on ak100.
But i love ak100+amp.. especially with tur06. I am not sure if ak120 + tur06 will give much better sounding though..

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #2,925 of 3,813
  I never use ak100 without amp. Never like its direct sound.. sounds too light for me.. just like Mike's impression on ak100.
But i love ak100+amp.. especially with tur06. I am not sure if ak120 + tur06 will give much better sounding though..

Well noted.
I think if you like the AK100+amp, perhaps you may love the AK120+amp, as I do. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back