Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Apr 26, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #3,361 of 3,814
  Just received my telefunken diamond tube from Shane (bonitomio), oh my.. i am totally happy. First the package you made are totally creative. Second I check the pin they are very clean!! Third I test the sound... these are by far the best sounding tube I got. The vocal so crisp, the bass go deep.. and there is zero background noise (even on max volume), and they are a perfect pair i think, produce a very balance sounding.

Totally love it and will buy another pair if they are still available.

Thank you Shane for your effort gathering the telefunken tube for us. They will stay on my tur06 from now on. I think the tur06 on its peak performance with your tube.
beerchug.gif

I received also my telefunken diamond tube from Shane recently and started to test them. They are very good indeed.  

But now, since I have a TU-05, I need to find what pair of tube will match best  with the Telefunken.  A problem that you do not have with your TUR-06 
tongue.gif

Aside question: do you always use AK240>TUR-06  or do you sometime use AK240 alone ( for specific music, specific headphone or... specific mood) ?

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #3,362 of 3,814

Aside question: do you always use AK240>TUR-06  or do you sometime use AK240 alone ( for specific music, specific headphone or... specific mood) ?

At the moment I am not sure yet, I mean with the new tubes they sound so good. I think I am going to pair the ak240 with the tur06 all the time.

But before there are differences between direct ak240 and with tur06.
Direct ak240 you feel the vocal very intimate, I dare to say you can even tell the singer is smiling while she/he singing. The details are insanely good that you can really imaging it on your head.

With the tur06 that detail is lost. I don't know whether they lost caused by the interconnect quality or other reason. However with the tur06 pairing you get better weight of the instruments. The violin, piano and strings guitar sound incredible real on the tur06. They also give better imaging, depth and reverb sound of live ambiance.

So yes I use them different way on specific music.

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #3,363 of 3,814

At the moment I am not sure yet, I mean with the new tubes they sound so good. I think I am going to pair the ak240 with the tur06 all the time.

But before there are differences between direct ak240 and with tur06.
Direct ak240 you feel the vocal very intimate, I dare to say you can even tell the singer is smiling while she/he singing. The details are insanely good that you can really imaging it on your head.

With the tur06 that detail is lost. I don't know whether they lost caused by the interconnect quality or other reason. However with the tur06 pairing you get better weight of the instruments. The violin, piano and strings guitar sound incredible real on the tur06. They also give better imaging, depth and reverb sound of live ambiance.

So yes I use them different way on specific music.

thanks xplosive for the explanation.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #3,364 of 3,814

I received also my telefunken diamond tube from Shane recently and started to test them. They are very good indeed.  

But now, since I have a TU-05, I need to find what pair of tube will match best  with the Telefunken.  A problem that you do not have with your TUR-06 
tongue.gif

bmichels - try the Mullard DL92 - Great Combo !

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #3,366 of 3,814
  Just received my telefunken diamond tube from Shane (bonitomio), oh my.. i am totally happy. First the package you made are totally creative. Second I check the pin they are very clean!! Third I test the sound... these are by far the best sounding tube I got. The vocal so crisp, the bass go deep.. and there is zero background noise (even on max volume), and they are a perfect pair i think, produce a very balance sounding.

Totally love it and will buy another pair if they are still available.

Thank you Shane for your effort gathering the telefunken tube for us. They will stay on my tur06 from now on. I think the tur06 on its peak performance with your tube.
beerchug.gif

You are very welcome Kevin :D
A pleasure to serve this community.
Keep the reviews coming.

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #3,367 of 3,814

bmichels - try the Mullard DL92 - Great Combo !

thanks GG, I will try with Mullard DL92  (and also with Philips dl 92), but.... the Mullard I have are NOT those one bellow....

But instead those one bellow which do NOT show "Mullard" written nowhere (not on the box, not on the tube) !  is it still OK ?

is it normal that the manufacturer name or brand does not show anywhere ?

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #3,368 of 3,814
@xplosive - do you use the phone out to connect the ak240 to the tu-06? to which volume level do you adjust the ak240 when connected to the tu-06?

I connect the ak240 to tur06 using mini interconnect from the phone out. The ak240 set to line out option which automatically set and lock the volume to maximum.
Volume adjustment only made in the tur06.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #3,369 of 3,814
I connect the ak240 to tur06 using mini interconnect from the phone out. The ak240 set to line out option which automatically set and lock the volume to maximum.
Volume adjustment only made in the tur06.

xplosive, as for interconnect, you should try this one that I use.  it's short, neat & very good:

You can choose "Cryo OCC  copper  with 8-braid " or "Cryo OCC copper with 4-braid" or "Cryo OCC silver with 4-braid

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #3,371 of 3,814
  @bmichels - the second tube (CV820) is exactly the same (and Mullard) DL92 i am using.

thanks

so, I will try them with the Telefunken ASAP (I am break-in them right now)

Apr 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #3,372 of 3,814
@bmichels thank you for the link. I am very interested to the claire cable. they are ver well made at a very decent price too.. At the moment i am still waiting for my dhc interconnect to come. It is 8 braid cabe, 4 occ litz copper and 4 occ litz silver. Been waiting for them for 2 months now..

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #3,374 of 3,814
must say that things now really come together. today i received the two Sowter 9351 SE tube amp Headphone output transformers (1.3 kilo each), 10 WIMA MKP 80µF foil capacitors (ordered them because didn't want to wait for the 100µF ones as the delivery date was postponed to end of June), at the moment only waiting for one parcel with all the PCB board connectors, lots of capacitors for the primary power supplies and all the heatsinks for the voltage and constant current regulators, high speed rectifier diodes and some air-cored coils.

.. which means next weekend i expect to really start my highend tu-05 mod starting with the power supplies.

P.S. just put all the isolating-, power-, input- and output transformers on a scale, the weight of the transformers alone is nearly 10 kilos :)

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3,375 of 3,814
  @bmichels - also thank you for the link. just ordered 12 meters of the litz wire for my highend build and to recable one of my grado headphones!

my pleasure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back