Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #2,793 of 3,814
i sent an email to shikada san two weeks ago also mentioning the idea of a mini tu-05 and the tubes i selected and he responded that he find this a great idea and now thinks of eventually really designing a mini tu-05!

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2,794 of 3,814
Perhaps you guys could collaborate on the design of a mini tu-05, as you're both highly competent engineers and skilled artisans.

Cheers,
Andy. 

Quote:
i sent an email to shikada san two weeks ago also mentioning the idea of a mini tu-05 and the tubes i selected and he responded that he find this a great idea and now thinks of eventually really designing a mini tu-05!

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2,795 of 3,814
Happy birthday.....Ian!!!

Thanks Gavin and thanks for your advice on the format, DSF it is then!

great Idea Andy! GG, your abilities are remarkable with this.

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #2,796 of 3,814

next week i will go to the local carpenter to get all the pertinax sheets cut for the final size case.

Very good design ! I am looking forward seeing the final product and hearing your listening impressions.    Also, the Mini TU-05 is a brillant idea !

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #2,797 of 3,814
  Just received notification for my TU-06 from Shikada san........

"Your amplifier #00x has been completed.
I make from now a brown leather case of TUR-06.
I improved more stable circuit of TUR-06.
Stability of the low-frequency became very well.
It can also adjust the gain of each channel.
"

Hopefully before Christmas.

RWAK 120-S / TU-05
RWAK 100-S / TU-06

Everything else will be up for Sale..................

Good to hear your are addicted to the "TU family".  But... why will you not use the RWAK120-S with booth amps ? Doesn't the 120 offer a better sound that the 100 ? 

And, I am very very eager to hear your impression of your TUR-06  v/s  the TU-05 !   (I am still wondering which one is best for me: TU-05 or TUR-06 )

and... to understand what improvement have been brought to the " new" TUR-06

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #2,798 of 3,814
Finally I received my new  Philips FD96.   Will test them with the Philips DL92 ASAP to mahe a "full Philips Combo"!

And I have to admit that...
between my TU-05 and the Centrance HiFi M8 that I just received to built a portable solution... I REALLY prefer the TU-05 !!  
In fact, for some reasons (with my TH900 headphone) I do NOT really like the Centrance HiFi M8 sound signature !!

So I am enjoying now my TU-05 with the XLR (NON balanced) Plug that is MUCH less fragile than the 1/8 jack !

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #2,799 of 3,814

Good to hear your are addicted to the "TU family".  But... why will you not use the RWAK120-S with booth amps ? Doesn't the 120 offer a better sound that the 100 ? 

And, I am very very eager to hear your impression of your TUR-06  v/s  the TU-05 !   

Well, just a matter of keeping the RWAKs attached and cannot really be bothered to swap out.

My opinion is that an RWAK100-S amped beats all standalone DAPs available anyway, and the 120-S is even better.......

In all honesty, I cannot see any new DAP in the next couple of years sounding better than a RWAK120-S amp'ed or the 100-S for that matter. Purely, because no standalone DAP will use a 8741 chip, let alone a pair of them. It just sucks too much power. I should add that my Lumin Music Player uses twin 8471 chips too.

It will be interesting to compare the 05 with the 06.......the RWAK120-S with the TU-05 is pushing boundaries in terms of how good (C)IEMs can sound in terms of refinement, very high end sounding. Usual factors does not even come into the equation.............

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #2,800 of 3,814
Oh, and face value is my favorite Phil Collins album, had it on vinyl back in the day and CD so I think I will add that to my birthday presents to myself list ( hit the big five O this week!)

Happy birthday Ian!!

Fantastic work, GG!

And I have to admit that...
between my TU-05 and the Centrance HiFi M8 that I just received to built a portable solution... I REALLY prefer the TU-05 !!  
In fact, for some reasons (with my TH900 headphone) I do NOT really like the Centrance HiFi M8 sound signature !!

I love the sound of my TH900's out of the TU-05, some of the best headphone sound (if not the best) that I have heard. This is using the 'line-out' of the M8. Driven directly by the M8, the 900's definitely do not sound their best. However, my 3003's, when driven directly by the M8, sound phenomenal.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #2,801 of 3,814

I love the sound of my TH900's out of the TU-05, some of the best headphone sound (if not the best) that I have heard. This is using the 'line-out' of the M8. Driven directly by the M8, the 900's definitely do not sound their best. However, my 3003's, when driven directly by the M8, sound phenomenal.

AHHH !  it becomes complicated !   But...  I will try your suggestion:   RWAK 100 > M8 line-out > TU-08 > TH900  to see if the DAC of the M8 is better than my RWAK 100's DAC !

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #2,802 of 3,814

In all honesty, I cannot see any new DAP in the next couple of years sounding better than a RWAK120-S amp'ed or the 100-S for that matter. 

may be the $999  Calyx M that is supposed to be launch in January's CES? 

Or the NEXT  $ 1500 A&K  bigger brother  to come also early 2014 ?  interview here where he also speak about next product at 2:10

Oh...by the way, what tubes are you using now with your  TU-05 ?  (after many tests, I came back to Philips DL92 for the PowerStage, and still have some tests to do for the Voltage stage)

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #2,804 of 3,814

may be the $999  Calyx M that is supposed to be launch in January's CES? 

Or the NEXT  $ 1500 A&K  bigger brother  to come also early 2014 ? 

Oh...by the way, what tubes are you using now with your  TU-05 ?  (after many tests, I came back to Philips DL92 for the PowerStage, and still have some tests to do for the Voltage stage)

I am just still on stock and pretty much very satisfied, but my friend, Holeout, bought some tubes on my behalf, not sure which though. I don't think that these new DAPs will surpass the S-modded AK amp'ed in sonics, but I will probably buy and find out for myself next year.........

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,805 of 3,814
My Friends, brave members of the community of the TU-05/06,

I just found that during december, we can download 1 free HD-tracks / day from LINN 

" 24-bits of Christmas from Linn "Linn have announced a special gift to music lovers this Christmas. They will be giving away a different free Studio Master track every day in December until Christmas Day, available to download from Sunday 1 December at www.linn.co.uk/christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back