An update with the sturdyness of Titanium--MOONRIVER 2 Ti is here.
Jun 18, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 47
Is it have a gain selector when pressing two buttons simultaneously?
3.5mm: 2Vrms(High), 1.4Vrms(Low)
4.4mm: 4Vrms(High), 2.8Vrms(Low)

Or it is fixed to
3.5mm: 2Vrms
4.4mm: 4Vrms

?
When you click the volume+and - button simultaneously, the gain will change
Upd: I’m wrong, upon checking again it doesn’t serve any porpose at the moment…

Last edited:
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 18, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #17 of 47
When you click the volume+and - button simultaneously, the gain will change
Got it thanks, but in tech specs there is no word about it, only 2 and 4 Vrms

Jun 18, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #18 of 47
Is it have a gain selector when pressing two buttons simultaneously?
3.5mm: 2Vrms(High), 1.4Vrms(Low)
4.4mm: 4Vrms(High), 2.8Vrms(Low)

Or it is fixed to
3.5mm: 2Vrms
4.4mm: 4Vrms

?
My production unit MR2 Ti doesn't switch gains like the original MR2 does(Just pressing them at the same time). If I hold the two buttons down though, it blinks and does so till you get through all five sets of blinks and then it will blink twice to let you know you hit the end of the blink sets. So I'm guessing it's swapping through filters.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #19 of 47
Got it thanks, but in tech specs there is no word about it, only 2 and 4 Vrms
It was in the manual of retail units.

Jul 5, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #20 of 47
Moonriver Ti~2.jpg

Imo best box waifu on the box till date.

Its a interesting sound. slightly mid forward but otherwise very linier. Gives vocals nice weight. Otherwise it can sound quite etheral/thin in a good way. Nice for those chasing to expose microdetails since it exposes everything. Dynamic swings are also very fun to listen to. Treble smoothed abit but still showcases everything good and bad.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #21 of 47
Moonriver Ti~2.jpg

Imo best box waifu on the box till date.

It’s an interesting sound. slightly mid forward but otherwise very linier. Gives vocals nice weight. Otherwise it can sound quite etheral/thin in a good way. Nice for those chasing to expose microdetails since it exposes everything. Dynamic swings are also very fun to listen to. Treble smoothed abit but still showcases everything good and bad.
I agree. This is a nice and smooth version of their original MR2 which was very bright sounding. I do wish the LED behind the the glass/plastic wasn’t so bright and could be dimmed down but overall, I’m very happy with this release from Moondrop

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #22 of 47
My production unit MR2 Ti doesn't switch gains like the original MR2 does(Just pressing them at the same time). If I hold the two buttons down though, it blinks and does so till you get through all five sets of blinks and then it will blink twice to let you know you hit the end of the blink sets. So I'm guessing it's swapping through filters.
Ever get the gains to switch? odd that Moondrop says you can but you unit can't

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #23 of 47
Ever get the gains to switch? odd that Moondrop says you can but you unit can't
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, upon checking again, pressing them doesn’t serve a practical purpose at the moment.

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #24 of 47
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, upon checking again, pressing them doesn’t serve a practical purpose at the moment.
is this going to be fixed to allow gain switch funcionality? my unit is arriving this week.

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #26 of 47
is this going to be fixed to allow gain switch funcionality? my unit is arriving this week.
What I mean is, it’s not designed with any gain functionality…😂 I totally mess it up with the moonriver

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #27 of 47
What I mean is, it’s not designed with any gain functionality…😂 I totally mess it up with the moonriver
What i think he wants is a hardware button press combination to quickly switch between high and low gain.

Also for me can you update the link app to include NOS filter for the moonriver Ti. It can be done in whan using the double button press but on the app there is no way to select that filter.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #28 of 47
mr2ti is in. Have had a bunch of dongles, purchased primarily for the looks/build quality, no disappointment there- this dongle is a stunner. Enjoyable tactile feel. Just an amazing job in design and manufacturing process.

on first listen, it's definitely brighter than your average dongle. Yet, treble quality is high. Not as bright as s9 pro though. There's definitely a hint of warmth in low mids which gives a good balance to tonality. Not as warm as paw s1, fc6 or even close to ru6 (hot humid). Mr2ti is more colored and less neutral than w2. W2 digs deeper sub low, while mr2ti has more treble quantity. Vocals on mr2ti are more forward than on w2, with good rendering that's less creamier than vanilla sweet vocals on ru6 and fc6 but is more accurate in timbre.
20230715_122426.jpg

Jul 15, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #29 of 47
It might not be an issue since the the Ti version seems to have quite the range on volume. The design of the original MR2 unit was to always start in high gain mode. If I had to guess, its just a bigger volume range more than likely starting in high gain mode.
Volume control does seem very well implemented. Drops/rises are gradual.
What i think he wants is a hardware button press combination to quickly switch between high and low gain.

Also for me can you update the link app to include NOS filter for the moonriver Ti. It can be done in whan using the double button press but on the app there is no way to select that filter.
Cool, didn't even know there's an accompanying app, thanks for mentioning.

Jul 15, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #30 of 47
@povidlo I understand you are doing direct compaisons but I cant help but hear the decision to slightly smear the 7khz ish area Im guessing to prevent sibilance. Interestingly that particular effect gives vocals a almost tube like milky experence. Its a nice sound. Reminds me alot of how A&K tunes but is alot less forgiving then them. To be honest because of the milky lower treble cymbals sounds kind of off since it the hit sounds rich and thick but the fray/reverb almost sounds E-stat like, its kind of jaring.

Not sure about the bass part. Seems to dig down deep with the Quad ERA-1. But I guess the mild A shape tuning can make it kind of sound reserved due to the forwardness of the mids. Otherwise the detail and physically of the bass is really nice imo but its more towards the technical side over the thick and textured.

The best part of the MR2Ti imo is the stage and imaging. It both projects a large stage but all the instruments and nice and tight. Quite a rarity for dongle-fi.

One thing to note is that the included C to C isnt rugged enough for the abuse of daily use. Died on me within one week of use. Otherwise its still good if you use it as a portable tabletop dac/amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back