An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Mar 27, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #8,491 of 9,499
Well, she is only 15.
At 15, all I could do was shotgun a can of Pepsi without puking...

Regarding JC: I think there was so much @ss covering going on here that any sort of common sense or logic went right out the window.

When I was 15, I used to play in a Jazz/Bossa trio.

We were not any good, certainly not as good as that girl, but we couldn't care about what the rest of the world thought of us.

I miss those days
redface.gif

I agree. The first thing being that we don't really know what happened precisely.

Quote:
The wimp of a producer, not so much.

What about the wimp of a presenter who punched a bloke because he couldn't get a steak ?

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #8,492 of 9,499
What about the wimp of a presenter who punched a bloke because he couldn't get a steak ?

It's extremely difficult to believe this wasn't brewing for some time. No one knows the complete story, but we do know that the wussy producer asked for an ambulance, because he felt lightheaded from a split lip. Wimp. Children roughhousing have more emotional stamina.

Edit: Out of sheer curiosity, what do you drive?

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #8,493 of 9,499
Children roughhousing are just that, children. Grown adults in a public place do not get cut the slack of 4 year olds even though they exhibit the same behavior. If it had happened on a sound stage with no one around I doubt it would have made such a mess.

For sure there are agenda's here outside of the basic fracas. In  a year or so when everyone has settled into their new jobs it will come out. Horribly biased on either side no doubt.

I cannot help but wonder what would have happened if the producer had returned fire and broken the louts jaw? 

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #8,494 of 9,499
It's extremely difficult to believe this wasn't brewing for some time. No one knows the complete story, but we do know that the wussy producer asked for an ambulance, because he felt lightheaded from a split lip. Wimp. Children roughhousing have more emotional stamina.

Regardless of the level of injury or the "wussy" nature of any individual involved, it is unacceptable for anybody, in any civilized work environment, to punch a coworker. You may be upset that a good show has an uncertain future right now, but don't blame the person who got punched. Regardless of whatever history these two people had, physically injuring somebody you work with is something that will get you immediately fired in any workplace in the real world, and likely sued to hell and back as well. I am honestly surprised that it took the BBC a full week to sack Clarkson. The producer involved is not to blame for the fact that he was physically assaulted by his coworker, and the BBC took the right course of action by punishing Clarkson for his actions in a reasonable way.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #8,495 of 9,499
There seems to be more detail coming out:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3014431/Top-Gear-producer-punched-Jeremy-Clarkson-steak-fracas-tells-police-does-NOT-want-press-charges.html

If everything in that article is true, Clarkson was way, way beyond being a typical media a-hole.

Fury because the chef's left
After being told the hotel's dinner service had ended and that the chef had gone home, the presenters were offered a cheese or meat platter, soup or a bar snack.
An irate Clarkson, who was said to have been drinking rosé wine, became incensed at the offer and ranted that it was 'ridiculous there was nothing to eat'.
Perched at the hotel's bar, he shouted: 'He's screw*** gone' as people tried to calm him down. His co-stars and other guests looked on in disbelief as he began to vent his anger at Mr Tymon, who he blamed for not organising a hot supper. The presenter used a multitude of expletives as he demanded a £21.95 8oz steak from the hotel's menu.
He was eventually served a steak and peppercorn sandwich in a private room after the hotel's general manager Robert Scott agreed to cook a late-night dinner for the trio of presenters.

The story goes on to say that even after all that, he was still enraged and threw the punch.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #8,496 of 9,499

Edit: Out of sheer curiosity, what do you drive?

I agree about the fact that we simply do not know.

I also can't imagine that Clarkson would have punched him for no other reason than a steak (or lack thereof).

Still, with that in mind, violence is never the answer.

Now, and even though I'm not a very brave man, I would have punched back if I were involved in a fight with a guy such as Clarkson.

That's certainly the only way to tame him down.

What I drive ? Nothing as of now because I'm a penniless student and that I'm planning on moving abroad very soon, but I'm saving up for a moderately powerful Caterham.

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #8,497 of 9,499
There seems to be more detail coming out:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3014431/Top-Gear-producer-punched-Jeremy-Clarkson-steak-fracas-tells-police-does-NOT-want-press-charges.html

If everything in that article is true, Clarkson was way, way beyond being a typical media a-hole.

The story goes on to say that even after all that, he was still enraged and threw the punch.

Now how did that not make it onto youtube?

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #8,498 of 9,499
Lots of angryness... Here, look at this, maybe it'll make ya'll feel better.

Yep, the Supra is officially back. I hear tell that the production car will be >95% like the prototype above.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #8,499 of 9,499
I agree about the fact that we simply do not know.

I also can't imagine that Clarkson would have punched him for no other reason than a steak (or lack thereof).

Still, with that in mind, violence is never the answer.

Now, and even though I'm not a very brave man, I would have punched back if I were involved in a fight with a guy such as Clarkson.

That's certainly the only way to tame him down.

What I drive ? Nothing as of now because I'm a penniless student and that I'm planning on moving abroad very soon, but I'm saving up for a moderately powerful Caterham.

I'm an original owner of an Evolution IX, as a part of my modest stable. Some years ago, an Evo owner came out to find someone vandalizing his car. Naturally, the owner took care of business, drew blood (not a split lip) - which was captured on video - that in turn went viral. Every single automotive forum, almost unanimously, condemned the action. All, except for Evolution owners, who applauded the act, as well as the muscle car guys. I'm not equating the gravity and scope of the two incidents - JC and the Evo owner - but I am saying that sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

BTW, I'd love a Caterham, myself.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #8,501 of 9,499

Yep, the Supra is officially back. I hear tell that the production car will be >95% like the prototype above.

I wonder if it'll feature electric-assisted power steering? If so, I wouldn't even consider it. Looks nice, though.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #8,502 of 9,499

Is that a word?

Thats not bad. They clean up the rear end a little and it will fly. Wonder what the estimated cost will be?

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #8,504 of 9,499
I'm not equating the gravity and scope of the two incidents - JC and the Evo owner - but I am saying that sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

BTW, I'd love a Caterham, myself.

There are two different kinds of violence.

One in which you're actively trying to hurt, and the other which implies to "act appropriately" in order to prevent someone to do something.

Throwing a punch is both immature and dangerous.

Self control is where it's at. Showing the other guy that you're not here to play is the first step. If that doesn't suffice make sure that you only have one opponent, take the fight to the ground and choke him.

When it's all said and done, get away. No blood, no permanent damage and one man in this world now knows that he should avoid getting in a fight with you at all cost.

Don't get me started on Caterhams, or I might just write walls of text on how great they are
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back