An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Mar 21, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #8,461 of 9,499
Yeah - of course it was British - in fact I originally said British, then went back and edited it to say American because I figured someone would say that Dick Van Dyke was American... :p

I got my Sansa Clip+. I think it's going to work great for me. It seems made for my Westone W2 - they sound great on it. It is freaking SMALL - I knew it was small, but it is small!!! The only things I have found to dislike are that it has a mini-USB instead of a micro-USB, and the transfer speed seems to be a bit slow.

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #8,462 of 9,499
Yeah - of course it was British - in fact I originally said British, then went back and edited it to say American because I figured someone would say that Dick Van Dyke was American...
tongue.gif

I got my Sansa Clip+. I think it's going to work great for me. It seems made for my Westone W2 - they sound great on it. It is freaking SMALL - I knew it was small, but it is small!!! The only things I have found to dislike are that it has a mini-USB instead of a micro-USB, and the transfer speed seems to be a bit slow.

What is the capacity of the card you've put in it? Something that's held me back from getting another smaller DAP is that most of them don't typically support any of the highest-capacity MicroSD cards on the market.

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #8,463 of 9,499
I haven't put a card in it yet - it has 8 GB internal. It will take up to a 32 GB card with the standard firmware. This is where Rockbox helps - with Rockbox it is supposed to support SDXC as large as you want to go - however I think there still might be a limit to the number of files that can be displayed in FAT32. That's not really a show-stopper for me. I will load it up with few gigs of music, then put on a hundred hours or so of audiobooks. That's a couple of months of commuting time. I'm constantly replacing those audiobooks, because once I listen to them, I won't listen again for several years - if ever. I'll probably get a 32 GB card the next time I'm at Frys. I thought I had a couple of them around here somewhere - but I can't seem to find them. I might have given them to my son for his phone.

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #8,464 of 9,499
Hmm. The transfer speed is that slow with the internal memory only?

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #8,465 of 9,499
I said "a bit slow" - not "horribly & unacceptably slow" :)

I was transferring with MediaMonkey, so that might also be part of the problem. I also hate waiting for data transfers, so it might have just been me...

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #8,466 of 9,499
It also could be a contention issue with wireless if you are running it on that computer.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #8,467 of 9,499
How does somebody even get to the point of litigation without checking on the legal basis for their complaints? It seems like the person suing isn't the smartest.

It's my head mechanic's ex-wife, who lives next door, trying to make it seem like some type of community action group. Which is funny, since no one else in the area has ever complained. She has called the police several times however, though never said anything to us directly about the supposed "unbelievable noise". However, they told her that since we aren't in the city, and the county has no ordinance against loud noise during the day, she could go pound sand. I'm just going to let my attorney handle it, that's what he does best.

You forgot the labour costs Magick.

Yeah I did, which nearly doubles my other totals.

Hmm. The transfer speed is that slow with the internal memory only?

Definitely use a good microSD adapter to transfer files, if you can.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #8,468 of 9,499
That's what spoils the AMG Mercs for me Magick. A visit to the dealer for a regular Service A is about 5k and if it's a Service B, you're looking at $10k+. A regular Mercedes-Benz is a third of that. I'll take the V8 CLS500 over the AMG CLS63.

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #8,471 of 9,499
It's my head mechanic's ex-wife, who lives next door, trying to make it seem like some type of community action group. Which is funny, since no one else in the area has ever complained. She has called the police several times however, though never said anything to us directly about the supposed "unbelievable noise". However, they told her that since we aren't in the city, and the county has no ordinance against loud noise during the day, she could go pound sand. I'm just going to let my attorney handle it, that's what he does best.
Yeah I did, which nearly doubles my other totals.
Definitely use a good microSD adapter to transfer files, if you can.

So there is an alternate agenda there:)

Or you can look at it as the money you saved over buying new pays the maintenance for 10 years.

Yeah any of the usb card readers generally will give you a speed gain if you use the right class card. Us cheapo's buy the econo cards and suffer:) First world problems and all. I am glad to see 64gig cards dropping in price now though.

Chinese buying Pirelli and apparently looking to take it public. That sound like a good investment Magique?

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #8,472 of 9,499
Top Gear might be for sale Magick,$50 million would buy it nicely and you could recoup the investment in the first year. Imagine the increase in value of your cars once people realize it was on Top Gear and touched by the Holy Trinity of Jezza, Slow and Hamster.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #8,474 of 9,499
Goodnight Sweet Prince.:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

So you're contracts up, you're bored with your job. What to do, what to do. I know, slug a co worker and then report yourself. Might as well splash yourself all over the media when your a TV goon looking for a new challenge.

Makes much more sense than just not renewing your contract
rolleyes.gif

I hear Rob Ford's looking for work.

Charlie Sheen has experience with performance cars so I'm told.

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #8,475 of 9,499
Couldn't be anymore Clarkson like. I hardly expect him to go quietly besides all the trouble in his personal life, his divorce, mums death, health issues, too much smoking and drinking and I guess he was just exasperated from it all. The producer though was pretty slack too with no food organised after a full day of filming which is simply poor form. Doesn't warrant assault obviously but the producer slipped badly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back