An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Dec 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #5,341 of 9,499
That wouldn't have been choice of color for the interior - but I'm more of soft brown leather kind of guy, or in a street/track car, maybe basic black w/ Recaro, Corbeau, etc.

The Singer kind of makes me think of a homologation racer. It *looks* like the car it was based on, but that's only skin deep. I'll bet if they really wanted to, those guys could make a great handling, powerful car out of anything. They aren't just sticking big engines and aftermarket parts on a 911 - they engineered something else. I think that's really cool - guys like that are wizards.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #5,342 of 9,499
I was betting there was a bat in the mix somewhere.

WRT the Singer Magick, do you have any plans on getting it onto the track?

For some informal stuff, probably, but it's not a track car; no harness points, no roll cage. It was designed as a classic GT/canyon-cutter. Though I'm sure it would do well as a race car, I'm going to use my `74 for that, since it's already proven it can put up with taking a beating (and I'd hate to damage the Singer like that). :xf_eek:

OK - then Yorkie-Chihuahua-Chipmunk. But I'm still thinking 60% Chipmunk...

It's like a micro-sized wookie, but I agree with there being some rodent in there somewhere. It doesn't poop like a dog, it leaves these hard pellet-like things everywhere.

If you had described that blue interior to me I probably would've doubted you about Singer's ability to pull it off, but I actually like it seeing it in photos.

I didn't have any say in that at all, someone else had placed the order then abandoned the project, so they'd already bought the materials. I made some changes in technical areas, according to taste and preference, but the colors were already set, unless I wanted to pay (a lot) to scrap them and start over... essentially it would have been like paying for the interior twice, and that would have been nucking futs. :eek: I think it's great, it has a strong 70s vibe to it, which fits the shape, without looking too cheesy. And the paint... my paint guy, who's won national and regional awards, says it's the best he's ever seen on a "production" car. It's a platinum pearl and it simply glows (5 hand-applied, wet-sanded paint coats and 3 Durabond clear), few people will confuse it for a generic silver, especially in daylight. Then all the non painted metal is triple nickel-plated, instead of chrome, and the gold hardware is a 1/40 18k gold fill (~50k times thicker than heavy gold electroplating).

They won't say, but I got the vibe it had been ordered by a hip hop performer, because the stereo is serious business, but I chose to not have the subs installed... those and their amps would have added >100lbs of weight and screwed with the weight distribution. If that's the case, then I'm proud that I saved it from a life of neglect and abuse at the hands of a moron who would only look at it as "bling". :rolleyes:

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #5,343 of 9,499
I was not thinking to push it competitively. More like an "owners day" at the track to give it's head and see how leggy it really is.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #5,344 of 9,499
I was not thinking to push it competitively. More like an "owners day" at the track to give it's head and see how leggy it really is.

Oh yeah, I'm absolutely doing that, I just don't want anyone else out there, they might hit it. :wink:

That wouldn't have been choice of color for the interior - but I'm more of soft brown leather kind of guy, or in a street/track car, maybe basic black w/ Recaro, Corbeau, etc.

The Singer kind of makes me think of a homologation racer. It *looks* like the car it was based on, but that's only skin deep. I'll bet if they really wanted to, those guys could make a great handling, powerful car out of anything. They aren't just sticking big engines and aftermarket parts on a 911 - they engineered something else. I think that's really cool - guys like that are wizards.

It's the Porsche equivalent of the Eagle Speedster, that reimagined E-type Jag. I wouldn't mind one of those either, but the wait list is 5 years long and they require payment in full upon ordering. :blink: So, that's $1M sort of floating around without any real idea of when, or even if, I'd get a car. The Singer 911 is worth the money, at least in my opinion, and I even see it as a smart investment, it'll just continue to appreciate because each one is a bespoke piece of rolling artwork and Singer admits that they'll likely never build more than 50 of them. Also I'm not really too crazy about convertibles, much less completely roofless cars, but if it were available as a coupe... that could possibly change my mind. Something sort of like this, for instance:

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #5,346 of 9,499
Oh yeah, the Eagle is an absolutely incredible car. I'm sure that they're only still in existence because of the TG segment, though; there's plenty of fantastic shops that never get the attention or business because they don't know how to market themselves.

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #5,347 of 9,499
It is, but I just realized I never checked on a lead time for the Eagle Low Drag GT, in fact I kinda forgot it was going into production. :xf_eek: Not that I have much money right now, what I have left I have saved for our trip to Kissimmee in a few weeks, there are a few cars I have my eye on.

http://www.eaglegb.com/pages/eagle-etype-gt-coupe

Also, this just looks the business. B-b-b-bad the the bone. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221341795590?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #5,348 of 9,499
Oh yeah, I'm absolutely doing that, I just don't want anyone else out there, they might hit it.
wink.gif

It's the Porsche equivalent of the Eagle Speedster, that reimagined E-type Jag. I wouldn't mind one of those either, but the wait list is 5 years long and they require payment in full upon ordering.
blink.gif
So, that's $1M sort of floating around without any real idea of when, or even if, I'd get a car. The Singer 911 is worth the money, at least in my opinion, and I even see it as a smart investment, it'll just continue to appreciate because each one is a bespoke piece of rolling artwork and Singer admits that they'll likely never build more than 50 of them. Also I'm not really too crazy about convertibles, much less completely roofless cars, but if it were available as a coupe... that could possibly change my mind. Something sort of like this, for instance:

Or perhaps

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #5,351 of 9,499
I dunno... the LD GT gets the "too cool for school" award, IMO.

Dat a**.

If I had a choice, an interior something like this would have been more my style...

Yeah, that's more my preference too, but I didn't want to pay $70,000 to scrap what had already been bought for the project. :xf_eek:

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #5,352 of 9,499
I dunno... the LD GT gets the "too cool for school" award, IMO.

Dat a**.

Yeah, that's more my preference too, but I didn't want to pay $70,000 to scrap what had already been bought for the project.
redface.gif

All of a sudden, for 70 G, the blue is becoming quite handsome.

The LD GT is just about too cool for any mere mortal to be driving. Something very primal and sensual there.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #5,353 of 9,499
The only thing I can criticize on the LD-GT are the wheels. I know they are super special Mg wheels and period correct - but I still don't like them. I think I would prefer a little less period correctness in the wheels and tires.

Oh - and I forgot to mention - it should be a spyder... (ducks the slap)

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #5,355 of 9,499
Hrmm... this is really tempting, what a beast it was back in the day.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzqNn8kJqQ[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back