An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Feb 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,891 of 9,499
Remember that `70 Boss Mustang?

Now, this. The `70 Boss 428 resto-mod, w/ Rausch interior.

I'm debating on whether I want to even sell it...

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #1,892 of 9,499
There is only one word for that: B!tchin'!!!

OK - two words - also: Sweet!!

What's the configuration of the rear suspension? I see lots of interesting chrome pieces and springy things back there...

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,893 of 9,499
It's a 4-way camber-adjustable IRS, the sub-frame allows it to handle more torsion. It's essentially the same as what's under my Barracuda. It makes ~525whp/500lb/ft of torque and has all the modern toys; 1200W sound system, DVD changer, nav, heated seats, CC, tunable sport exhaust, and something you don't get in modern sports cars, a massive trunk. I've not driven it yet, but it looks great.

I doubt I'll buy it, as much as I appreciate a good resto-mod, I like my classic cars to still look and feel like classics. If I get a vintage Mustang, I want an original GT500.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #1,895 of 9,499
Quote:
Does it look that saturated in person, or is it just the pictures? Either way - awesome looking car. And since this is an audiophile and petrolhead's musings, how's the sound system actually sound?

More so what cable does it use? 
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #1,896 of 9,499
It's not quite that blue, Rich tends to monkey with the pictures a little after he takes them. I'm sure it sounds like all of his other systems sound.*thump* *thump* *thump* :p

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #1,898 of 9,499
Nah, that's not my style. I like old school for my classics, too many gadgets and newfangled amenities. Things that improve reliability and driveability are okay, within reason, but that's about it. I love this one. Wouldn't it look snazzy with the Bee? Bet that'll go for >$150k.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,900 of 9,499
So, we're ordering the Aventador parts, to go back to stock is 106k, using all OEM via grey market. However, to go with better panels (yep, better/lighter than factory), over the entire front and sides, and upgrading the front suspension, chassis cage, and brakes, is 115k. Doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that's a better value. Also, since we're stripping down the engine, replacing all seals and gaskets, we're going to make it flex-fuel compliant, and expanding the transmission radiator by 50% for a couple of small surprises (once we figure out WTH we're doing).

I like the blue better, and wish it was on that GT500. But yes that GT500 would match the GT better.

Yeah, I think I'm again leaning towards buying a 67-69 FB and going all Eleanor on it. The price is very attractive, compared to a restored original GT500. The Rausch `70 resto-mod cost us ~$40k + labor, the car itself was 3k, and we're selling it for $75k.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,901 of 9,499
The tuner/mod GT500E is nice and you are right that it would look good with the GT - although I'm really not digging the side pipes.

I would take this one... :D It's even got an 8-track!
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?CFGRIDKEY=KC0413-152021

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #1,903 of 9,499
We went to the movies and watched a special viewing of the Lion King, we took the baby and nephew, this time when she screamed "PAPA, KITTY! KITTY!" during the movie, she was right! :D Before that we hit a new place called the Flying Dutchman grill, they have a real full-sized nautical-style carousel in the middle of the restaurant, activity tables, old-style boardwalk games, a coloring area, and real honest-to-God adult food (and two female employees that do nothing but play with the kids). Combine Ruth's Chris with Chuck E Cheese and that's what you've got. Brilliant place and awesome food, we'll be going back often, it's practically a day by itself. As she gets older, the baby is enjoying herself more and more, and that's more fun than anything else, to me.

On the way back, my wife said, "we should get a big TV". I replied, "we have a big TV" (a Mits DLP). "No, bigger, like a real theater." So I'm shopping for something bigger that isn't FP. Looking over the options, I doubt I can go off the shelf, but there are a few companies that do custom 120-480" installs. Essentially they're 4 plasma panels "seamlessly" fused together. I'm going to stop by their showroom and check out what they offer tomorrow.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,904 of 9,499
We went to the movies and watched a special viewing of the Lion King, we took the baby and nephew, this time when she screamed "PAPA, KITTY! KITTY!" during the movie, she was right! :D Before that we hit a new place called the Flying Dutchman grill, they have a real full-sized nautical-style carousel in the middle of the restaurant, activity tables, old-style boardwalk games, a coloring area, and real honest-to-God adult food (and two female employees that do nothing but play with the kids). Combine Ruth's Chris with Chuck E Cheese and that's what you've got. Brilliant place and awesome food, we'll be going back often, it's practically a day by itself. As she gets older, the baby is enjoying herself more and more, and that's more fun than anything else, to me.

On the way back, my wife said, "we should get a big TV". I replied, "we have a big TV" (a Mits DLP). "No, bigger, like a real theater." So I'm shopping for something bigger that isn't FP. Looking over the options, I doubt I can go off the shelf, but there are a few companies that do custom 120-480" installs. Essentially they're 4 plasma panels "seamlessly" fused together. I'm going to stop by their showroom and check out what they offer tomorrow.

You might also look at Barco or some of the other viz companies, they build large RP walls that might also be suitable. Out of curiosity though, what's the issue with FP?

Got a link for the PDP/LCD video-wall stuff? (I've seen it done with LCDs and it's nothing I'd want as a TV).

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,905 of 9,499
I would be interested to know if the seamless panels are actually seamless. I would think that would be very difficult to achieve in a movie theater. Doing it at a trade show is different because you aren't typically sitting there for 2 hours staring at the seams.

If it were me, and I was going to spend that kind of coin, I would just go all the way and build a theater room with lighting control, acoustic room treatments, theater seating and a 4K projector with an anamorphic lens. Oh - and don't forget the seat shakers and smell-o-vision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back