Amsterdam trip
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hi..
I'll be finishing high school next month and I have my finals at June-July.
Me and 2 friends thought about having a trip to Amsterdam before we join the army.
How much money do you think you need to save up for a 3-4 day vacation in Amsterdam around October? not including flights.
Thanks!

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 33
Yeah, without any knowledge what you plan to do it is hard to guess.
I bet you can easily spend €1000++ a day, but also get by with less than €100. For food, drinks, entertainment and like.

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 33
Nice camera, good company, some knowledge and enough money could suffice.

Get to know the public transport (OV) a little regarding the sites you want to visit for knowing the OV a little saves time. A tip, the first day just walk around a bit and try to get a feel for the city.

P.S. Busy places need care, so watch where you go and watch out for the traffic (including bikes!).

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 33
Amsterdam
nico54.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me and 2 friends thought about having a trip to Amsterdam before we join the army.

GL with that. US?

Thinking of planning a trip w/friends to either Down Under, or Japan/Korea when my turn comes..

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GL with that. US?

Thinking of planning a trip w/friends to either Down Under, or Japan/Korea when my turn comes..

Not the US army. IDF.
And I', planning on a trip that includes some museums. I think I'll buy that 72 hour I AMsterdam card. It's 58-. for a three day pass to many attractions and free public transportation.

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 33
Wow, what a time to join the army.
I hope its because you want to fight for your country and not for a career move.
I dont know if youre in the USA, but if so, i hope youre joining for the right reasons.
If youre a smoker, be careful what you put into your blood stream in Amsterdamn, because the army will check your system for it.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 33
Amsterdam has it's usual reputation of taboo subjects but do you know I loved the most about Amsterdam? It's simply a quaint and beautiful city. It is so lovely and nice. The people are kind and French fries are the best, even better than in Paris. Lot's of really nice neighborhoods with good families and people. The city has a lot of charm.

I recommend strolling around neighborhoods and sit with locals where ever. People are friendly and welcoming. It's really one of the most beautiful cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back