Ampsandsound Kenzie/Mogwai Impressions
Sep 7, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #76 of 347
Just completed my review of the new Kenzie Encore (should be out shortly on Headphone.Guru) and it is a tour de force! Well done Justin on making such great strides forward of this classic amp!

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #77 of 347
It should have shipped with a 14gage high quality cord. That said, the meatier the bester for the cord. I use a 10gage cord with a ferite magnet on mine.
I love the sound of Canare quad mic wire. If you parallel the 4 conductors and use the child you'll have a wire that is insanely low impedance... will be quite and fast. I like the idea of good wire... can give you some room for mild adjustments. But Id start with awesome tubes.

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #80 of 347
Zach (of ZMF Headphones) is letting me borrow his Kenzie to try out with the ZMF Auteur. I mentioned I was trying to find a high end tube amp, and he suggested trying this one out. So, I'll be doing a review of the Kenzie once everything is good to go in the upcoming weeks.

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #81 of 347
Wonderful to hear. Im sure youll be in love!
We are working on some transformer additions for the Kenzie/Encore amps. Trying to give more options.
The Kenzie and Enocre will have options for 32ohm/300ohm for the ZMF and Sennheiser camps and 16ohm/32ohm for the MrSpeaker Aeon.

Dec 17, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #86 of 347
I received my Kenzie a few days ago which replaced a Vali 2. Even the base Kenzie is a stunner a bargain at $1700 shipped. I only listen to 300 ohm HD800S so Justin made mine with a transformer with 32/300 taps:

kenzie32300.png

If you are in the market for a tube amp that will not break the bank that works perfectly with 300 ohm HD800S phones you need to consider a Kenzie. They are built to order but mine took exactly one month to receive including shipping time. Justin is also a great guy to work with!

Dec 17, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #87 of 347
I received my Kenzie a few days ago which replaced a Vali 2. Even the base Kenzie is a stunner a bargain at $1700 shipped. I only listen to 300 ohm HD800S so Justin made mine with a transformer with 32/300 taps:

kenzie32300.png

If you are in the market for a tube amp that will not break the bank that works perfectly with 300 ohm HD800S phones you need to consider a Kenzie. They are built to order but mine took exactly one month to receive including shipping time. Justin is also a great guy to work with!

Wow. From the pic, I thought you stole mine. lol. It is exactly the same.

Congrats!

You will like it more when you spend more time with it.

Dec 17, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #88 of 347
One thing I am curious about is far as I can search there has never been a direct comparison between the Zana Deux S and any of the Kenzie or Mogwai head amps. Any reason why or have I missed an article?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back