Amphora Headphone Amp Impressions
May 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #137 of 307
LOL, thanks sbulack. But my time scales are firmly rooted in Army time. It's a mental thing.

As far as the time sync, my current schedule has me back in my room listening to music before going to sleep around 0200 here, which would be 1800 (6 P.M.) eastern time in the U.S.

May 2, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #138 of 307
Hi Zimm, good to see you posting and doing well. I reluctantly sent the Amphora back to Ken and according to the USPS site it was delivered yesterday.

Had I not done so I do not believe I could have returned it later. Thanks and stay safe.

May 2, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #139 of 307
Haha, good deal Miguel. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

May 2, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #140 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've spent a couple days listening to the Amphora in preparation for my review. It's definitely a terrific amp, no doubt. I am enjoying listening to it, which makes writing the review more enjoyable
wink.gif

In what forum will you be posting your review, Skylab? Will you be adding it as a post in an existing thead (if so, which one) or starting a new thread with the review as the first post? I ask so that I can conveniently be on the lookout for it, if you don't mind saying.

May 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #141 of 307
It will be in the Amp forum, as a new thread. Probably late next week.

May 3, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #142 of 307
Quote:

Thanks Skylab. I'll be keeping an eye out for its appearance, and knowing where and (approximately) when to look makes it easy to do so.

May 3, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #143 of 307
Quote:

I'll be looking for it as well. I always enjoy a good Skylab write up.

May 3, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #144 of 307
Two questions,
First, does the amp calm down or lighten up the bass of the D2000s so that its not so "thumpy"?

Second, this ones for Ken, how many units are you still planing to build, (it may be a while before I can get one)?

Kevin

May 3, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #145 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two questions,
First, does the amp calm down or lighten up the bass of the D2000s so that its not so "thumpy"?

Second, this ones for Ken, how many units are you still planing to build, (it may be a while before I can get one)?

Kevin

It lightens and tightens the bass up with the D2000, but the bass is still very powerful and just right. In my review I posted that the Amphora is a perfect match for my APS re-cabled woodied D2000. It was also fantastic at taming the bass with the Edition 9, and that combo was magic as well.

Yet, it still sounds very good with 32 ohm RS-1 and flats or AKG K240M 600 ohm without sounding bass-lite at all.

May 4, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #147 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kevin

HI Kboe,

We have run into a part slow down and am currently in a waiting mode. But we should be making about 50 to 60 more before its all done, they take a long time to build so I think you will have plenty of time. If you want to hold one let me know I will take a deposit.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 6, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #148 of 307
May 11, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #149 of 307
Thanks Ken and Vennie, my Amphora is finally home - today. All is well packed and in good shape.

And it is really special.

AmphoraSE_00.jpg

No time to listen yet. Will get some initial impressions in the coming days.

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back