Amp3
Nov 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #1,696 of 2,090
Charge from pc exclusively

Nov 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #1,697 of 2,090
i use the mains adapter exclusively because my macbook is an apple product and has only 2 usb ports. bother... plus, i don't trust usb from a computer, had too many problems with uneven voltage and never sure if the object will get charged in time or not.

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #1,700 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by toffeefan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any of you guys have amp3 pro 2 paired with an ie8? What volume are you listening to? I'm using volume 17-19 and was wondering if its too loud =/

I just have a Pro1, but that volume would be hurting my ears unless I am using an impedance adapter. But with the Pro2, I don't' know, but I am sure it is dependent on the firmware version you have on you Pro2.

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #1,701 of 2,090
200 hours solid burn in with the IsoTek cd and the sq is developing but no change what so ever to the level of hiss and general noise. The noise is worst when the screen is on sounding like the headphone out of a very noisy laptop pc with hard drive noises and all. This with UM3X at 10 on the volume. Noise is naturally much less with stock buds or ER4-S but still much too much in quiet passages for me.

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #1,702 of 2,090
That's too bad. I am with you, can't use the UM3X, but the S4 really has little or no hiss. Just a lucky combo, I guess. I don't think burn-in will reduce hiss. It's something else, which is a shame. But again, with Grados or Ksc35s, no hiss, and just a trace with S4. I wish you could hear it under those conditions.

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #1,705 of 2,090
It doesn't just have hiss. Certain phones cause the Amp3 to hiss. If you have phones that work with it, it sounds fantastic. So it is not across the board, but selective. Not that that is perfect or great, but not everyone has phones that cause the problem. Just to clarify.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #1,706 of 2,090
I have a used Pro1 (200-250hrs use) on the way. I'm guessing with my current cans (and PortaPro also on the way) I'm covered as far as synergy is concerned. I'm also looking forward to hearing the PAA-1 buds that come with it.

Anyone consider the Pro1 a keeper, and not tempted to go for the Pro2?

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #1,707 of 2,090
There are many things that the updated Pro.1 does better than the stock Pro.2, especially in the area of the user interface. The firmware update for the Pro.2 addresses some issues but not all. I prefer the interface of the updated Pro.1 over that of the updated Pro.2.

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #1,708 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many things that the updated Pro.1 does better than the stock Pro.2, especially in the area of the user interface. The firmware update for the Pro.2 addresses some issues but not all. I prefer the interface of the updated Pro.1 over that of the updated Pro.2.

Cheers, Ron. That's interesting.

Has there been any word on how long the Pro1 will be supported for updates?

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #1,709 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Callaghan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers, Ron. That's interesting.

Has there been any word on how long the Pro1 will be supported for updates?

I guess that Craig would be the only one who could answer that, however if worse came to worse, and no further firmware updates came for the Pro.1, I could live with that. The interface is workable, SQ great, and plenty of power to drive difficult phones, not to mention the excellent battery life.

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #1,710 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess that Craig would be the only one who could answer that, however if worse came to worse, and no further firmware updates came for the Pro.1, I could live with that. The interface is workable, SQ great, and plenty of power to drive difficult phones, not to mention the excellent battery life.

Yeah thats great, but fixing flac/16 gb card issues would be nice and we (pro1 owners) could rest in peace, since now we can see that within pro1 and pro2 the hiss isn't a firmware thing that can fix this, it's more physical changes needed to be done, so I think it would be right not start buying (hard economical times
biggrin.gif
) pro3,pro4 to get rid out of hiss and get flac, gp playback, 16/32 gb card support etc, well you got my idea
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back