Amp3
Jan 26, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #1,981 of 2,090
When I hear HF-2, I think of Grados.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #1,982 of 2,090
confused_face.gif
O.K back to the AMP3,I was going to try and purchase a Pro2, then realized that maybe the Pro1 is a better option. Can the community help me with the Pros and Cons of this question?

Thanks for you help in advance.
Freeone-j

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #1,983 of 2,090
okay, so the Zino is amazing with the AMP3 other than the hiss and it doesn't get brought into the deep depths that my home amp brings it into. Added resistance seems to affect the magic a bit, but at least the hiss is gone. But great combo.

Jan 27, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #1,984 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face.gif
O.K back to the AMP3,I was going to try and purchase a Pro2, then realized that maybe the Pro1 is a better option. Can the community help me with the Pros and Cons of this question?

Freeone-j

My suggestion is to hold on just for few days, For Craig's forum said Hisound are going to release 5 new models very soon. I hope all the new models will be improved with every aspects.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #1,986 of 2,090
Been away from this thread for a while since I got a little mad at my AMP3 for freezing more than it should (or during situations where I didn't have an object that could reset it in a timely manner). Contemplating selling it, but I'd be without a portable.

Has firmware 5.42 solved any freezing issues? Is there any reason why I ought to install this? Or should i just stick with 5.41.

Hopefully the studio won't be plagued with this (or hissing).

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #1,988 of 2,090
shigzeo;6350346 said:
okay, so the Zino is amazing with the AMP3 other than the hiss and it doesn't get brought into the deep depths that my home amp brings it into. Added resistance seems to affect the magic a bit, but at least the hiss is gone. But great combo.[/QUOTE

Sorry to derail the thread a little bit. But given your above post it is pretty safe to assume you either have/had the zino headphones or at the very least listened to them.

What do you think of them??

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #1,989 of 2,090
I have them yes. I do like the Zino, though it isn't my favourite phone in the category. I love Ultrasone - other than not fitting my tiny pinhead, most Ultrasones I have tried (including ED8 and 9) are among the most stunning phones for my favourite music.

Qualifier: I love electronic and trance. I found that some Ultrasone headphones don't do jazz as well as I'd like - they lack warmth - but they are good for other stuff.

The Zino is like super-Ultrasone. Sound is overly bright perhaps and stretched, but it is fun for certain genres. It is a nice headphone, but I have others I prefer to it both in the price range and in the genre.

If the music isn't too engaging, the Zino/AMP3 combo is pretty good, but the Zino is more closed in with the AMP3. I think that otherwise, it is a pretty good combo. I am ordering a higher impedance adapter than I have used before from a better maker, so I will see how many of my phones adapt to added resistance with the AMP3. But among mid-tier headphones, the Zino may be one of the best matches yet with the AMP3.

I have not heard the lovely AT wooden ES7 and 9 though. I will try them out next time I head to an Apple store.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #1,990 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been away from this thread for a while since I got a little mad at my AMP3 for freezing more than it should (or during situations where I didn't have an object that could reset it in a timely manner). Contemplating selling it, but I'd be without a portable.

Has firmware 5.42 solved any freezing issues? Is there any reason why I ought to install this? Or should i just stick with 5.41.

Hopefully the studio won't be plagued with this (or hissing).

what formats do you run it at? how many memory do you use? it seems 5.42 firmware can improve a bit, can't address this issue.

I seldom have freezing issue with my pro 2 for I have familiar with it. I press the keypad a bit slowly than other players. I normally only use the internal memory, even i fill full it, it seldom freezing.

By the way,most of my tracks are MP3 formts of 320 kpbs.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #1,991 of 2,090
Just had a go with the bassy (and delightful) Monster Turbine Pro - hiss isn't as bad, but if anything, Ice Cube's Raw Footage: Do Ya Thang is missing a hell of a lot of bass. Sounds okay, but it is obvious against the iPod touch that bass drops off severely.

Jack from HiSound that the next revisions will fix all the problems: in which case I will probably kiss them as the mostly smooth, addictive sound of the AMP3 will be well worth it.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #1,992 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face.gif

Freeone-j

Help us out with a little more information about what you are looking for in a player. What about the Pro.1 relative to the Pro.2 that you know of has you thinking that the Pro.1 may be a better option?

I own both, and here are the strong points I find for each:
1) I prefer the spectral balance of the Pro.1 with HD650 and ALO-780 phones, because it presents the highs a little more fully than the Pro.2.
With these two dark/bass-strong phones, I prefer the Pro.1's slightly fuller treble balance. With the earbuds that I use at work (the stock PAA-1 and Senn MX-660), I prefer the slightly warmer, milder SQ of the Pro.2.
2) The Pro.2 plays my flac files really well, and the Pro.1 does not. With the Pro.1, when I want to play really high quality files, I need to use .wav files - which use as much as twice the storage space as the corresponding .flac file.

Both of my Pro.1 and Pro.2 units can use a 16GB micro sdhc card with no problems or issues.

I don't use high sensitivity phones with the AMP3, so the relative level of background sound (such as hiss) in the two units is of no concern to me.
I also don't push the AMP3 to its limits, so the relative output level of which each is capable is, likewise, of no concern to me. Running the latest released Firmware on each, the output level of the two is pretty equivalent to me. But, I'm not terribly observant about it, though, because both have plenty of output level for my use.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #1,994 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My suggestion is to hold on just for few days, For Craig's forum said Hisound are going to release 5 new models very soon. I hope all the new models will be improved with every aspects.

Thanks fatman, that saves me a little money. Can't wait for the release of the Studio1 and other options (without the bugs) that will be great!

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #1,995 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Help us out with a little more information about what you are looking for in a player. What about the Pro.1 relative to the Pro.2 that you know of has you thinking that the Pro.1 may be a better option?

I own both, and here are the strong points I find for each:
1) I prefer the spectral balance of the Pro.1 with HD650 and ALO-780 phones, because it presents the highs a little more fully than the Pro.2.
With these two dark/bass-strong phones, I prefer the Pro.1's slightly fuller treble balance. With the earbuds that I use at work (the stock PAA-1 and Senn MX-660), I prefer the slightly warmer, milder SQ of the Pro.2.
2) The Pro.2 plays my flac files really well, and the Pro.1 does not. With the Pro.1, when I want to play really high quality files, I need to use .wav files - which use as much as twice the storage space as the corresponding .flac file.

Both of my Pro.1 and Pro.2 units can use a 16GB micro sdhc card with no problems or issues.

I don't use high sensitivity phones with the AMP3, so the relative level of background sound (such as hiss) in the two units is of no concern to me.
I also don't push the AMP3 to its limits, so the relative output level of which each is capable is, likewise, of no concern to me. Running the latest released Firmware on each, the output level of the two is pretty equivalent to me. But, I'm not terribly observant about it, though, because both have plenty of output level for my use.

I was just curious to try it out, I wouldn't be using it for nothing but IEMs (Turbine Pro Coppers, Turbines, ER4P, X5s) in conjuntion w/75ohm resistance, cut down on the hiss. The only full size phones I have are the Sextetts MP which it (AMP3 1or2) wouldn't be able to drive. You did answer some of the questions I was having, and knowing that Hisoundaudio are rolling out more product just around the corner, I guess I'll just wait a little longer.

Thanks
Freeone-j

Users who are viewing this thread

Back