Amp3 Pro2 and the STUDIO
Feb 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #916 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acolyte289 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My amp3 pro2 has stopped recognizing my 16gb microsd memory card. ... Any suggestions?

Are there tracks on the internal storage? Earlier, someone had trouble with the external card not being seen by the AMP3 when there were no tracks on their internal storage. When they added just a few tracks to their internal storage and recycled power, bingo!, the external card was seen as well.

If there are tracks on the internal storage, then I'd agree with (way above) average_joe that a re-installation of the firmware with which the 16GB card has been successfully used would be a good next step.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #917 of 929
Problem resolved. Just formatted the internal storage and it was good to go again. I did go ahead and put the newer firmware on it but the card still didn't work until I formatted the internal memory.

I had a good 3gb of music on the internal storage. It just stopped recognizing any music on the card (the extra file space still showed up on the settings menu), I think after the card unintentionally came out when it was in my pocket.

Thanks for the help guys. Seems as good as new again now.

On a side note, I really wish the storage browser would order by file name and not the order in which the files and folders are created on the device. Very irritating when windows will not copy onto device in order of filename (in this case I was placing music directly from foobar2000 converter, still have filenames starting with track number that do not show up in order). And of course sucks for adding additional stuff since new folders, etc always show up at the bottom.

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #918 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acolyte289 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Problem resolved. Just formatted the internal storage and it was good to go again. ... And of course sucks for adding additional stuff since new folders, etc always show up at the bottom.

First of all, glad to read that you've got access to all of your storage back.

One thing that helps a little with the pain of how the External Storage Manager handles adding music to the card is:
When External is entered from the Storage Manager menu, and the position is at the beginning of the list, hitting the up-arrow (at the top of the circle button) jumps the position to the end of the list. Subsequent presses of the up-arrow scroll back through the list. The most-recently added music is always the closest to access in this reverse direction. If you already knew that then, "Never Mind!"

In general, I find that I want to listen the most to what I've most recently added, so it turns out to not be as bad as it could be. For me, I'd say that it actually works out pretty well. But, our contentment with storage management will vary quite a bit between and among us.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #919 of 929
I am confuse, why my AMP3 battery life only reach about 24 hour.
I am using AMP3, 8 hours a day, and about 4 days, the battery need to charge (empty).
At first, i thing it because i use memory card. But after i not using memory card again, it still about 24hour only.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #920 of 929
Yeah I know about using the up-arrow. My problem is that I like to organize my folder structure as artist/album/ and I like to slowly add to the card and I end up having to just guess which way will scroll me to the artist I want when I get a fair number of artists on it. For now I am organizing by genre/artist/album/ but I don't like having to classify music beyond just classical, rock, and metal.

On the positive side of things I am really appreciating the play folder feature. But afraid to fill my card too fast cause of the terrible load times that result.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #923 of 929
Hey, did the firmware upgrade help with your freezing issues? I have the same problem but i already have FW 5.42 installed. I am really upset with this faulty product. This thing at least freezes a couple of times each day ... 

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #925 of 929
Hello!

Any news with a new amp3?? I would like to have one for my holidays
o2smile.gif

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #926 of 929
i dont think whiplash sell it anymore, they even still not send my pre-ordered Studio since 1 year 3 months ago until now

Mr. Craig and Mr. Mike: can i change to other item?? i am already tired for waiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back