Amp3 Pro2 and the STUDIO
Jan 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #856 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully not...... i think it was mentioned some pages back that the Studio 1 will be bug free.

I don't think so. I never expect a player or IT product can be bug free. I only hope the buds can be acceptable. at least don't be too bored on normal using.

By the way, any one want to talk with Jack Fu for the latest news of their products, you can contact with him by Email or MSN. He is a very enthusiasm guy.

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #857 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, guys!!! When I read MaoDi's post about the potential imminency of the release of the Studio, I inquired about whether I could still place an order for one. I received a thumbs up that there was still room on the order queue, and my order, with payment, is placed.

I've been enjoying each of my two AMP3 units (a Pro.1 and a Pro.2) SO much since I purchased each that I'm truly bristling with expectancy about what it will be like to use and hear the long-and-patiently-awaited Studio. Actually, in the big picture of audio product rumor-to-release times, it hasn't been all that long a wait so far, but this pot has been watched so intently that the time spent waiting has taken the psychological toll of a longer waiting period - at least that's how it's FELT to me.

So, whether or not the release of the Studio is actually imminent, I'm IN and I'm excited!!! The anticipation is just TOO delicious!!!

Congrats sbulack!! Its been a long time coming but Craig (as always) will treat us right. This I'm sure of.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #858 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats sbulack!! Its been a long time coming but Craig (as always) will treat us right. This I'm sure of.

Thanks, and I'll support your assessment of Whiplash Audio, and Craig as its proprietor (and, for many of us, the one from whom our HiSoundAudio product support comes). It may even sound a bit paradoxical, but I think at least part of what's behind the longer-than-initially-expected release time for the Studio is Craig's behind-the-scenes efforts on our behalf to encourage HiSoundAudio to test and debug more before the release than to support more after it. I, personally, interpret what seems like a "delay" in releasing the Studio to be the result of Craig's efforts to help this release to be as good as it can cost-effectively be.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #859 of 929
Any updates on when the Studio is coming out?

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #860 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any updates on when the Studio is coming out?

Craig said a week or so ago that he would be making an announcement. Haven't heard anything from him since. I'd say it's anybody's guess.

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #861 of 929
Got this via e-mail, looks like a work of art.

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #864 of 929
It is actually not that far from the AMP3, just changed the controls, display cover, and case doesn't seem to have screws.

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #866 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got this via e-mail, looks like a work of art.

That IS a work of art. Love the buttons! ...Hard to tell exactly from that photo, but it looks to be the same thickness as the Amp3, which should mean a nice battery. So glad to finally see it
icon10.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #867 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is actually not that far from the AMP3, just changed the controls, display cover, and case doesn't seem to have screws.

Screws have to be on the bottom. There's no way that it doesn't have any.

Jan 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #870 of 929
In reply to a question about the differences in the Studio compared with the AMP3:

Back in the early AMP3 days, when the Studio was more of a credible rumor than an imminent product, the most-repeated slogan for it was "more amp than player". One of the earliest descriptions of the sound of the Studio from someone at HiSoundAudio was quoted as that its SQ is better by "a mile" than the AMP3. Since then, I'm aware that it was decided to add the screen to the Studio (apparently the original plan was to release it without one). Along the way with the AMP3, when folks have stated a need for more gain with the AMP3 so as to drive their favorite headphones adequately, it's been mentioned that the Studio will have the power to handle that. So, from the recent picture of the Studio with a screen, the differences between AMP3 and Studio that I've heard of, so far, are: 1) better SQ by "a mile" (according to someone at HiSoundAudio), 2) an amp section capable of delivering more power to phones that need it.

For others among us on this thread who have been following the glimpses into the Studio which have been allowed to slip out to us, what else have we heard about the Studio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back