AMP3 bricked - help!
Oct 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Philski

100+ Head-Fier
I put my SDHC card into the slot, and waited while 'Initializing CMI Please Wait' scrolled across the screen a few times - then the scrolling stopped. Fine, I'll reset and think again.

Problem: the reset button does nothing! I have had freezes before and it has worked, by the way. I have removed the SDHC card, still nothing works - all the buttons are dead, and plugging in the USB cable does nothing either. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only thing I can think of at this stage is to wait for the battery to run down, but I have only just fully recharged it, so I will have a few days to wait by the look of things.

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 26
Why Amp3 is related to Fang?

Oct 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 26
Usually the AMP3 will appear to be dead after resetting...it takes about 30 seconds to be ready for a restart, then it takes about 3 presses on the Play button to get it to reboot. Try a hard reset, then wait about 30 seconds and then hold down the Play/Pause button and see what happens.
Try a couple of presses, each for about 3 or 4 seconds.
Good Luck!!!

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #10 of 26
I thought the same thing happened a few times, but a few resets usually worked. I was always surprised to see the Amp3 flash on the screen. Lately, no problems. Did you buy it from Whiplash? Direct from Hisoundaudio? Contact the place you bought it, if the resets don't eventually work.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #11 of 26
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, unfortunately nothing has worked for me so far! I bought it from Jaben in Singapore, but I will contact HiSound Audio first and see what they think.

However, I think the easiest solution will be to wait for the battery to run down. I never thought I would rue the incredible battery life! And since it's not actually doing anything, I wonder - maybe 200 hours?!

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #13 of 26
I just received a reply from Jack Fu at HiSound Audio. One suggestion he made was:

"The useful solution is hook to the PC via USB cable, press and hold the volume + key , then the disc of your player will appear on the PC screen, then you can format the player. ----down load the music again, --- it will be ok."

Didn't actually work in my case, so I'm still waiting for the battery to run down - but posted here to add to the general body of information in case it helps someone else in the future.

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #15 of 26
No, I didn't - plugging in the USB cable did absolutely nothing, the AMP3 literally had the functionality of a brick, no matter what I did. You might have been able to use it to build a wall or to throw at someone, but in no way at all was it functioning as an electrical device, other than the frozen text on the screen.

However, the battery did die last night - plugged in the USB cable and it is happily charging now as if nothing had happened. I'm presuming it will play OK (all the original files are still there), but I will come back if not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back