Oct 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Contact the vendor maybe? -> 深圳市汉声音响有限公司

Wow Krmathis,

I never realized that you can type Chinese
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 26
Well........mine arrived today after much anticipation, loaded some mp3's and.......bricked. Can't make it bark, roll over, anything. In a hotel room so I won't have access to a pin to reset it until tonight. So disappointed after reading all the hype, just can't explain. Actually one song played until I tried a function key when it froze. Update later, if anyone else has any ideas they'd be greatly appreciated....Whiplash????

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #18 of 26
Don't panic. No paper clips at the hotel? That's all you need to reset it. Mine exhibited some strange stuff too, then all of a sudden, it started to behave (and still does). Again, see if the front desk can get you a paper clip. And wait a short time before you turn it on after the rest. It will work out. The Amp3 is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. Not a mass market player quite yet. Also, PM Craig and see what he thinks.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #21 of 26
If you have your music files in separate folders that may be part of the problem. My AMP3 Pro1 has acted less quirky since I removed the file system, and just loaded the individual mp3 files on. It's a pain, but it worked for me.

I had not been able to get my AMP3 to recognize my 16gb card even though I have firmware 5.31 and that was supposedly one of the fixes. Since I just loaded the individual mp3 files it has recognized the card every time I turn it on. Hopefully it will work for you. Needless to say, the unit is a little quirky!

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #23 of 26
Gotta tell you, as good as SQ is on this baby, it's a pain in the *****. User friendly......ha ha. I've had to reset it several times in the 3 days I've had it not to mention I'll have to push the forward or play button several times to get a response once in a while. It skips occasionally when I try to go back or ahead and then freezes until I reset it. Good God, you shouldn't have to work this hard for something so simple. Seems not everyone is having these issues, maybe i got a lemon. There are way too many posts saying try this or that, this worked for me, if you want this you gotta do that and so forth. No user manual included and I'm on the road working with no computer access except my hotel room so I have to download the manual and go somewhere to print it, not sure if it's worth all that. Sound quality is exceptional but is not really portable, no case or clip, my 64GB touch out performs this all things considered. Hope the right people are listening, as I'm traveling 90% of the time, I can't see an upside right now. Rant over.

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #24 of 26
You are right, the Amp3 isn't for you right now. But reading over the posts here, it should have been obvious. It does suck when something is so flaky, but most Amp3 owners realize that the main reason we want or put up with this particular piece of gear is SQ, and most here are willing to deal with the early hassles/headaches. That's not for everyone, no doubt.

Relax, enjoy the 64GB Touch. Maybe a Clip+ is more in your wheelhouse right now. 8GB on board and 8GB card, for about $80.

I think anyone contemplating the purchase of an Amp3 needs to realize this is all "not fully baked" yet. It is hit or miss. That is not to make an excuse for anyone making or selling, but I think those two parties are honorable and trying to do something different here. But it is not marketed or sold as a mass market player/amp. Someday, we all hope. But not right now. For that type of player, there is Apple, Sansa, Sony, Cowon, etc. The Amp3 is a niche player, and that's been pretty clear from the beginning. Whether or not it can move to the next level (re functionality/ease of use, reliability, etc.) is TBD, as they say.

I was lucky enough to get an Amp3 Pro 1 that, after a rocky start, has stayed on even keel for the most part, but it still isn't what I could consider a mainstream player. I use it without a card, change to normal play mode before I turn it off, don't put files in folders, and it delivers what I want. But I still use my Clip+, Zune and even the Sony A818 just as much.

Oct 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are right, the Amp3 isn't for you right now. But reading over the posts here, it should have been obvious. It does suck when something is so flaky, but most Amp3 owners realize that the main reason we want or put up with this particular piece of gear is SQ, and most here are willing to deal with the early hassles/headaches. That's not for everyone, no doubt.

Relax, enjoy the 64GB Touch. Maybe a Clip+ is more in your wheelhouse right now. 8GB on board and 8GB card, for about $80.

I think anyone contemplating the purchase of an Amp3 needs to realize this is all "not fully baked" yet. It is hit or miss. That is not to make an excuse for anyone making or selling, but I think those two parties are honorable and trying to do something different here. But it is not marketed or sold as a mass market player/amp. Someday, we all hope. But not right now. For that type of player, there is Apple, Sansa, Sony, Cowon, etc. The Amp3 is a niche player, and that's been pretty clear from the beginning. Whether or not it can move to the next level (re functionality/ease of use, reliability, etc.) is TBD, as they say.

I was lucky enough to get an Amp3 Pro 1 that, after a rocky start, has stayed on even keel for the most part, but it still isn't what I could consider a mainstream player. I use it without a card, change to normal play mode before I turn it off, don't put files in folders, and it delivers what I want. But I still use my Clip+, Zune and even the Sony A818 just as much.

Same. I think i was lucky to get it at a low price considering its second hand. And also glad that i didn't want to "upgrade" to the Pro1. Judging from all these comments i think Pro1 is so much better.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wantmyf1.

you still prefer the Pro1 in term of SQ?

It's a pretty even toss up for me. There is some difference, but it's all in what you prefer. I've heard both and for the moment I'm sticking to the Pro1. If you have one and like it, I see no reason to go to the Pro2. IMO it's not that different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back