Amp with GSM interference resistance?
Jun 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #16 of 35

Quote:
The E11 was designed to be resistant to GSM interference.  Not sure exactly how much though.

Should be pretty good. The top and bottom covers are grounded aluminuim. The top cover has, I think, 5 ground points, so I'd keep that one toward the phone if strapped.

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #22 of 35

Quote:
Cool, which phone did you use? :)

oh god i never amped the phones signal.  still i recall that when i changed to the XM5 and suddenly being very aware it was not GSM shielded, would have been a varioty of phones used over the time i think but it wasa  while ago.

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #23 of 35

Quote:
oh god i never amped the phones signal.  still i recall that when i changed to the XM5 and suddenly being very aware it was not GSM shielded, would have been a varioty of phones used over the time i think but it wasa  while ago.

Ok.. Yea, it is so annoying using an iPhone with an amp. It's strange that others haven't posted about this yet, as many us their iphones as source while using an amp..

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #28 of 35

Quote:
Using some older Nokia's and a HTC HD II, placed on the top of any of my amplifiers:
RSA SR-71 and P-51, Xin SM3, Larocco, Headroom
no signal noise was heard through the connected headphones when I called the cellphone!
Connecting an iPod with a properly shielded LOD, no interference neither.
So with good quality amplifiers, a properly shielded cable/LOD and a signal source not picking up any noise, you should be clear!

Hey mate, I have used the RX mk1 and a high quality ALO LOD with my iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and I had a lot of interference. I think that it is doe to having WiFi turned on, more than anything else. So that is maybe why you didn't get interference with your older phones.

Edit: Ohh, you had a HD II as well. Did you try using your WiFi on top of a amp? :)

Jun 7, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #30 of 35

Quote:
You are using your phone as a WiFi wireless router, with this function on the phone turned on?
I believe that is a situation asking too much of any equipment!
I did not try it, I did set up to receive from my Wireless router, and that did not make any difference.
I think there is always a limit to where you can go and still avoid problems.
And I think the OP's original problems are well within these limits!
Using your phone as  a receiver, in normal use, with a high quality amplifier and cabling, there should be no problems with noisy interference.
Cheap stuff will always display problems.

No No, i just used the internet normally. F.ex. i got an message over FaceBook and i would get this horrible interferance while using an amp.

But, yea, you might be right. I may be asking too much of my equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back