Amp with GSM interference resistance?
Jun 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Jonasklam

500+ Head-Fier
Hi!

As the title says, are there any amps that resists GSM interference?
I use my iPhone as my main portable souce, and I'm pretty annoyed by the GSM interference when using an amp.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 35
try the original pico and/or pico slim..it may be mentioned in one of their discussion threads somewhere...

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 35

I use a Leckerton Audio UHA-4 and have no interference.

I had a lot of annoying interferences with my S:flo2's HeadphoneOut and noticed that the LineOut was clean, so when I choosed an amp it was crucial it didn't add other interferences.

Jun 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 35

Quote:
try the original pico and/or pico slim..it may be mentioned in one of their discussion threads somewhere...

Really? I never read that about them. I might get a Pico slim, but it's a little out of my budget.. But maybe.. Anyway, thanks :)

Quote:
I use a Leckerton Audio UHA-4 and have no interference.
I had a lot of annoying interferences with my S:flo2's HeadphoneOut and noticed that the LineOut was clean, so when I choosed an amp it was crucial it didn't add other interferences.

Uhh, Leverton UHA-4. I am seriously thinking about that one. It's a very interesting product.
Have you had an experience the amp while using an iPhone/phone as source?

Any other GSM protected amps?

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 35

Quote:
Uhh, Leverton UHA-4. I am seriously thinking about that one. It's a very interesting product.
Have you had an experience the amp while using an iPhone/phone as source?

I have no iPhone.

The S:flo2 headphone out was affected by my BlackBerry GSM interferences, while its line out was not.
The only sure fact I can contribute is that the UHA-4 is resistant to my BlackBerry interferences.

I also have an iPod classic, but that one never suffered from GSM interferences, so little point in testing it with UHA-4

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 35
Though the Pico Slim is a lot better than the other amps I've owned (D10, D12, TTVJ Slim, cMoyBB etc), it is definitely not 100% interference resistant. In fact It's annoying enough I don't use the Slim with my iPhone 4. Maybe it's just me
redface.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 35

Quote:
Though the Pico Slim is a lot better than the other amps I've owned (D10, D12, TTVJ Slim, cMoyBB etc), it is definitely not 100% interference resistant. In fact It's annoying enough I don't use the Slim with my iPhone 4. Maybe it's just me
redface.gif

Oh man, that sucks :p
I won't be getting the Slim then.

The iPhone 4 really is prone to cause interference with amps, and it's really annoying.

Quote:
I guess these should help if you don't mind using a pouch with your amp.
http://s.dealextreme.com/search/cell+phone+block+pouch

Thanks for the link, but it's not really the solution I am looking for. This solution prevents me from using my Phone/WiFI/stuff and that can be achieved simply by putting my iPhone in Airplane-mode, which how I usually beat the interference, but then I cannot use many of my phones functions, which is really annoying.

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #11 of 35

Quote:

Oh man, that sucks :p
I won't be getting the Slim then.

The iPhone 4 really is prone to cause interference with amps, and it's really annoying.

Thanks for the link, but it's not really the solution I am looking for. This solution prevents me from using my Phone/WiFI/stuff and that can be achieved simply by putting my iPhone in Airplane-mode, which how I usually beat the interference, but then I cannot use many of my phones functions, which is really annoying.

What if you put only the amp in the pouch? That wouldnt block any calls etc. since your iPhone is outside.

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #12 of 35
My iPhone 4 never interferes with my Graham Slee Voyager amp, however, if I put my BlackBerry Bold 2 next to it, I do get interference.

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #15 of 35
I just had a customer, having that problem with the iphone4 they found turning off the WiFi stopped it

cheers
FRED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back