Amp time? Senn 598's
May 26, 2011 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
So I've been using my Senn 598's for a month and I've had it highly recommended I get an amp in the past.

Being a complete amp newb I am totally open for suggestions.. I want bang for buck.. I am thinking (Hoping) 50$ to 100$  will suffice for a decent amp.

I'm also curious to know what all to expect. does it increase volume as well because, there is more power being sent to the drivers? How big of a quality difference am I going to expect? is it going to be like going from Windows Media player to Foobar With Waspi again?

May 26, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 6
I have the 595's and have found the Fiio e7 to work quite nicely with them.  The 500 series of headphones are fairly easy to drive, and don't need a huge amp to drive them. 

May 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the E7 and HD598, its alright. Much better than the onboard at least. You need to turn the volume up pretty high to get to normal listening levels.
I use the m-Stage and D100 right now

May 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 6
I use my little dot MK III with my pair of HD598's and it is amazing. The Sylvania tubes I have in it make the soundstage even wider, the mids even better, and just made them sound better overall. The HD598's aren't too hard to run, but if you want a little color to your sound then get some sort of tube amp so you can play around with tube rolling. I put the stock tubes back in my amp and was amazed at how much more closed the soundstage is, tubes really do make a difference. My next purchase for my setup is going to be a DAC, im looking at the E-MU 0204.

Keep enjoying your HD598's! I know I am :) download a bunch of music with female vocals, i love how amazing the mids sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back