Amp required for SE 535 + Nano combo ?
Apr 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

MaverickPL

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I consider getting the Shure se 535 + Ipod Nano gen 6. combo. I decided to sell my HD-25 because I need something smaller.

My question is, is that combo good ? I know ipods are not the best players around, but I got used to them so badly, I can't stant manual music management (I know, I'm lazy).

Is portable amp neccesary in that combination ?

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #9 of 47

Quote:
Never heard the HD25 but the SE535's are a very nice iem if you love a well rounded, but mid centric iem with a laid back treble.

i thought the bronze/clears high's had some sparkle, the se535-ltd-j or reds highs sparkle, i definitly agree that the 535 are mid centric though.

Quote:
Those genres sound nice out of my SE530, but they won't have that big low end rumble.

i also agree that the se535 dont have that low end rumble, however i found with the se535 even amped with a fiio e5 and the bass boost turned on, they have very tight, very controlled bass, they are balanced armature and not a dynamic so they have more of a ''how its meant to be heard bass'' instead of a over emphasized synthetic sounding bass.

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #12 of 47

Quote:
i thought the bronze/clears high's had some sparkle, the se535-ltd-j or reds highs sparkle, i definitly agree that the 535 are mid centric though.
i also agree that the se535 dont have that low end rumble, however i found with the se535 even amped with a fiio e5 and the bass boost turned on, they have very tight, very controlled bass, they are balanced armature and not a dynamic so they have more of a ''how its meant to be heard bass'' instead of a over emphasized synthetic sounding bass.

I don't know, I don't see how the Bass Boost on the E5 is any better than just bumping up the bass on a good EQ like the Rockboxed Clip+ has for example. I'm gonna test that out now.

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #13 of 47
Yep, basically what I predicted with the Rockboxed Clip+. The EQ on the clip is good enough so if you want more bass you can just bump the bass a bit.

I actually found it to be better than the E5's bass boost. Not to mention you can tweak the bass to as much as you want on the Clip while the E5 is fixed and the E5 loves to add quite a bit of hiss to an already hiss prone iem.

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #14 of 47

Quote:
Yep, basically what I predicted with the Rockboxed Clip+. The EQ on the clip is good enough so if you want more bass you can just bump the bass a bit.

I actually found it to be better than the E5's bass boost. Not to mention you can tweak the bass to as much as you want on the Clip while the E5 is fixed and the E5 loves to add quite a bit of hiss to an already hiss prone iem.

yeah i only mentioned the e5 becuase it was the only one i had on hand, i am getting my fiio e7 in today so i could report on how that would sound.

also i was using the bass boost on the fiio e5 becuase i am using a zune hd which although has a eq, its limited to only presets and no individual band EQ settings. i also must say although it does work with the bass boost, the fiio e5 isnt that efficent at all in amplification, more so just adding more volume totally.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #15 of 47

Quote:
yeah i only mentioned the e5 becuase it was the only one i had on hand, i am getting my fiio e7 in today so i could report on how that would sound.

also i was using the bass boost on the fiio e5 becuase i am using a zune hd which although has a eq, its limited to only presets and no individual band EQ settings. i also must say although it does work with the bass boost, the fiio e5 isnt that efficent at all in amplification, more so just adding more volume totally.

The E5's BB isn't bad, but yes some players have a crappy EQ so this is the next best thing. I agree the E5 only adds volume and nothing else, and a lot of hiss if it's not out of a line out
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back