Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?
Jun 25, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #391 of 391
Thanks @Tsukuyomi
Sounds reasonable. I admit that the TH900 could also be a bit lighter for a better feel when wearing. And the headband is not easy replaceable.
I see you have also a Beyerdynamic DT1990 PRO, there the headband and overall wearing comfort is better solved in my opinion. Nevertheless i love TH-900.

RME, nice German brand, :) mostly known for professional audio equipment, also they do serious measurement equipment. The ADI-2 DAC i've never demoed.I will try when i can get my hands on one.
I have a friend who had the adi-2 pro, and recommended me the adi-2 dac as he thought it would suit me better and its a perfect fit.
I wasnt able to test the fostex th900mk2 with the rme at the time because i sold both them and the violectric to pay for it and other expenses. That being said, ive tested the dt1990 and fostex th610 on the adi-2 and its great. I find fostex takes nicely to a clean dac and amp. Because fostex cans have their own sound. Deep and heavy bass, not as deep as audeze but, different headphone architectures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back