Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #571 of 1,285
Holy moly! That was one proper desktop! Congrats. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #573 of 1,285
blink.gif
 Let us not dwell on such mundane issues brother! LOL

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #574 of 1,285
Quote:
blink.gif
 Let us not dwell on such mundane issues brother! LOL

LOL......

Well, here are my first impressions (from my post on the LCD3 appreciation thread). I can tell ya now its worth every shekel IMO

Cool, you'll have to let us know what you think.

Alrighty then, this is after two hours. My music has never sounded better. The sound is more: deeper, clearer, separated, with more bass punch and more bass notes heard. Vocals are sweet, the harmonizing of multiple voices singing is stronger, with longer decay.

Coming tomorrow are Whiplash hybrid V3 balanced cables. I am traveling and may not get to listen with them till next week. :frowning2:
And if the cables are not enough, I will be returning with a Mullard CV2492.

Wow......better equipment = better sound P E R I O D  

LOL, Like you all did not know that already.

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #575 of 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can tell ya now its worth every shekel IMO

Great stuff sara! Can't wait to get reports after the burn in, when this is the feeling before even that. You are the lucky islander! 
o2smile.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #577 of 1,285
Quote:
LOL......

Well, here are my first impressions (from my post on the LCD3 appreciation thread). I can tell ya now its worth every shekel IMO

Alrighty then, this is after two hours. My music has never sounded better. The sound is more: deeper, clearer, separated, with more bass punch and more bass notes heard. Vocals are sweet, the harmonizing of multiple voices singing is stronger, with longer decay.

Coming tomorrow are Whiplash hybrid V3 balanced cables. I am traveling and may not get to listen with them till next week. :frowning2:
And if the cables are not enough, I will be returning with a Mullard CV2492.

Wow......better equipment = better sound P E R I O D  

LOL, Like you all did not know that already.

That's great. Enjoy!

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #579 of 1,285
Has anyone tried out Decware's new Zen Taboo MK III? It looks like it was designed specifically for the LCD-2/3. It has two lucid modes (old and new) that supposedly makes the sound more holographic, and offers fully balanced outputs. Can't comment on sound as I've never heard it, but it surely looks gorgeous for a $1.5K amp.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TABOO.htm

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #580 of 1,285
It's only just been released. Frank I has one of the first if not the first production units. He expects to deliver his review in 4-5 weeks. LCD 2 and 3 are included.

The previous model taboo is superb with my LCD 2.1 - but of course that's a different beast from the lcd3.

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #582 of 1,285
Meier Corda Classic - about $700 straight from Jan Meier. Google for link. Some find it a very good match with LCD3 (I can't comment - haven't moved to the 3 yet). There's a thread about this amp on head-fi.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #583 of 1,285
Quote:
Does anyone know any amps for ~$1000 that have a crossfeed filter and would work well with the lcd3s?

I don't know too much about crossfeed but it sounds like an interesting feature. 

I had the Meier Corda Classic precursor, Meier Concerto.  I thought the LCD3 sounded excellent w/ it.

You can also occassionally find a used taboo for a lil more than $1000, w/ its lucid mode.

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #584 of 1,285
Hi

I got my LCD3s about a month ago (without an audition). At first i must admit that i wasnt overawed but now i am really pleased with them. They are suprisingly comfortable and provide that slightly dark sound that i was after, also good bass and definition. I use either a corda classic or a WA22 and both sound excellent. I also have Beyer T1s which are an awesome allrounder imo. Source is either Moon 300d Dac or Musical fidelity M6cd player.

I'd like to upgrade my amp but not sure what to get.......budget probably 3-4k. I listen to mainly metal and prog. No chance of auditioning high end headamps in perth unfortunately.

Any recommendations?...i dont have a real preference for SS v Tube

cheers

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #585 of 1,285
Quote:
Hi

I got my LCD3s about a month ago (without an audition). At first i must admit that i wasnt overawed but now i am really pleased with them. They are suprisingly comfortable and provide that slightly dark sound that i was after, also good bass and definition. I use either a corda classic or a WA22 and both sound excellent. I also have Beyer T1s which are an awesome allrounder imo. Source is either Moon 300d Dac or Musical fidelity M6cd player.

I'd like to upgrade my amp but not sure what to get.......budget probably 3-4k. I listen to mainly metal and prog. No chance of auditioning high end headamps in perth unfortunately.

Any recommendations?...i dont have a real preference for SS v Tube

cheers

For that budget, maybe this

http://www.dnaudio.com/DNA-Stratus-2A3-headphone-amplifier.html

I've listened at my friend and it is amazing with LCDs and also TH900.

On other note, isn't WA22 supposed to be very good with LCDs and T1 (might need tube roll)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back