Amp For TripleFi10
Sep 23, 2011 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

wuliaoji

New Head-Fier
hi guys. i know that this has probably been discussed before. but i just need some help deciding which amp to get. 

firstly, i thank all those who take time off to post replies here, helping me decide one.

im looking for an amp that is good for the UE TRIPLEFI10. my source would be my iphone 4 or my computer. it doesnt have to matter whether the amp has a dac as mostly im going to be using it out of the house. using lune cables with my tf10s. hope you guys can give some insights onto some amps that are available. my budget for it would be <250 sgd (i live in singapore). the music i usually listen to are trance, rock, pop, post hardcore and club remixes. ive been eyeing the govibe martini, ordnance .25 for quite some time as they both have amazing battery life. hope that you guys can add to this list. thank you very much once again :)

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 17
guess its out of your budget but i felt my stepdance does a good job amping tf10
it primarily open up the sound even more, feels less congested, more transparency and bass slam, the mids are also more in line with the treble/bass

i also have the ibasso t3d, felt that it didnt really improve tf10 that much, probably slightly more bass slam & transparency, but its within your budget

i suggest you saved up around $100 more and get the ibasso P4 @ 369 from stereo instead...

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 17
Even the Fiio E6 I got with my W2 sounds great with the TF10, they dont need much help. I would also say you get one of the ibassos cause you could still use that if you get more needy headphones later.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 17
I liked the results that I got from my PA2V2 when I owned the Triple.fi (which I am about to own again! Never shoulda sold those things). From what I've heard, the Fiio E11 does everything the PA2V2 does, only better, so that might be a good option as well. Naturally, you will need an LOD. Even a cheap Fiio L3 ($8.99 on Amazon) will do the job nicely, just don't get the L1 because it's a piece of ****.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 17
Be very careful when choosing an amp for the TF10. Some amps with a relative high output impedance output will alter it's sound in a way you may not prefer. So in this case an expensive amp may actually not improve, but just degrade the sound of TF10.
TF10 is in many ways a "complicated" IEM to deal with, but can sound great when circumstances are right. 

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 17
hey guys. thanks for the response. im aware that tf10s dont generally need an amp. but just wanna get one. to have the feel of owning one. fiio e11 was generally good to me. but i was also testing another amp. the ordnance .25 at jaben. i found that the fiio e11 didnt have much power to it. 

ps JupiterKnight. any idea what amps i should stay away from? as you said its a "complicated' iem to deal with.

calipilot227 i had no chance to try out some LODs at jaben the last time i went. is the material the LOD is made from very important? cause some of them can get very expensive. especially the high grade silver ones.

once again thanks for the reply guys

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #8 of 17
theres a local guy who diy some very good yet cheap amps

hes called madcap over at the hwz forums, asked him for a quote

alternatively, Fiio E11 or E7 is a good choice too

if you dont mind used, try to get a 2nd hand ibasso d4 @ around 150-200

for your cables just get some cheap ones for $30-50 from some of our local diyers, plenty of them over at hwz

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
calipilot227 i had no chance to try out some LODs at jaben the last time i went. is the material the LOD is made from very important? cause some of them can get very expensive. especially the high grade silver ones.

once again thanks for the reply guys

I wouldn't waste your time or money on expensive cables or LODs (I just know I'm opening a can of worms here). The Fiio L3 is actually of decent quality, especially for the price. It gets the job done nicely and won't leave a huge dent in your wallet.

Sep 25, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #11 of 17
ahhh i see. hmm. anyway not willing to fork out huge amount for a damn good lod if the sound doesnt change much. anyway back to amps. anyone tried the ibasso d zero? looks quite sexy and sleek. wondering how to sound quality is.

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #12 of 17
I use both an RSA Hornet and an iBasso P3+.  Both sound great with the TF-10, but over time I have come to prefer the iBasso.  The RSA is more dynamic and dramatic, but the mids on a stock P3+ are richer.

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #14 of 17
wuliaoji,

I haven't tried the iBasso T3d, so I really have no idea how it'll sound.  I do have a NuForce Icon Mobile which is a similar configuration and have not found that it makes a significant improvement over the iPod/iPhone internal amplification with my 702s, various cheap Grados, and SF5-EBs (I have not tried it with TF10s).  I'm currently of the opinion that if you go too small/cheap on the amp, you end up with more bulk and no benefit relative to your DAP alone.

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
thanks newakgguy. how about the ibasso t3d? ever tried that? and yeah. i need an amp which enriches the mids without reducing the rest. tf10 mids arent the best

I really think you are having the wrong idea about amp - but since you are in Singapore, just visit both Jaben and Stereo Electronic to try out the amps there, no purchase necessary. Stereo Electronic has most of the iBasso amp in stock and Jaben has the reset of the popular brands (FiiO, RSA, Headamp, etc). If you still need something really rice and warm, look into SoundMAGIC A10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back