Amp for the Senn HD650-800$
Jul 31, 2008 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

demi

New Head-Fier
Hello all.

I need a good amp for the Senn HD650 and I have 800$.

TY all, demi
normal_smile .gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 38
What's your source? And if you could speak to your preferences sonic and otherwise (aesthetic, functional, etc) that would help narrow down the list a lot.

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 38
Surely you're kidding - right???

Have you not ready any of the other posts on this topic???

There's really only one, or two amps in that price range that are better than most other amps with the Senns, including the HD650s.

Those are:

1. Darkvoice DV337 - $700, shipped to your door.

2. Darkvoice DV332 - $420, shipped to your door.

The each do about an equal job of driving the HD650s - which few other amps can do.

Just do it!

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 38
My vote would be the RSA HR-2. Both the HD650's and the HD600's sound good through this amp. I have both headphones. There are others as well, as others have noted in on this thread already
wink_face.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 38
Being a new owner of HD650, some western amps I have been looking at and are worth mentioning, due to their glowing reports with these cans, are the Earmax pro, and Graham Slee Solo.

How was your experience with the Graham Slee Solo, Gradofan2?

But it all comes down to your musical preference.

Rhys

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 38
Not sure about DV332 or DV337, but I tried DV336 with my HD650 and I was disappointed with this combo.

Other amps which often mentioned in HD650 thread are: GS-1, GLite, EC/SS, PPA and more. I haven't heard these amps personally, but it's worth to search more info. about them.

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 38
My Decware CSP2 does a wonderful job on my Sennheiser HD650. And not only on those but on my other headphones too! Cost 795 dollars. And it has a lifetime warranty for the first owner.

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being a new owner of HD650, some western amps I have been looking at and are worth mentioning, due to their glowing reports with these cans, are the Earmax pro, and Graham Slee Solo.

How was your experience with the Graham Slee Solo, Gradofan2?

But it all comes down to your musical preference.

Rhys

The Solo is great with Senns also - outstanding with Senns - just way overpriced in the US.

I'm sorry... but... these other guys "don't have a clue."

There is nothing better in that price range than the Darkvoice 332 and 337 - until you experience it you won't know. Much better than the DV336 - no comparison. And... much better than the GS-1, or others mentioned.

Too get better... you're talking maxed-out Woos, or the Extreme - but, even then only by a very, very small margin.

Of course... that assumes you've also got a great source that mates well with your amp and HD650s - If you don't, it makes little difference.

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #14 of 38
Hi all, ty for your comments.
My source is Asus Xonar D2X.
I love the sound to be more like "heavy" with a good deep bass, I don't mind an amp that goes really high on the strength, but I want it to be clear and heavy
Just like the music I hear[Metal, Rock, Elctro and some Classic music]
Wink
also
I don't need any kind of gizmo, just an input from my pc and output to the headphones, and a nice volume control.
don't mind the look or what ever
And it should have a good ac power
thank you

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Solo is great with Senns also - outstanding with Senns - just way overpriced in the US.

I'm sorry... but... these other guys "don't have a clue."

There is nothing better in that price range than the Darkvoice 332 and 337 - until you experience it you won't know. Much better than the DV336 - no comparison. And... much better than the GS-1, or others mentioned.

Too get better... you're talking maxed-out Woos, or the Extreme - but, even then only by a very, very small margin.

Of course... that assumes you've also got a great source that mates well with your amp and HD650s - If you don't, it makes little difference.

Hehe, man your really trying to sell the Dark Voice aren't you? What happened to taste and difference of opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back