Amp for Sansa Clip+
Nov 18, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #46 of 73

Quote:
I also use the Clip + E5 with Bass Boost on, this combo does appear to degrade clarity slightly, but I need the increased Bass and volume, so it's a trade-off.  

Ok but my main concern is, without any "boosting", can you perceive any difference in SQ with/without the E5? I haven't completely burned in my Xcapes but I'm lacking just a little bit of bass. Right now I'm using an iPod classic and the EQ in bass boost setting completely kills it, it's awful. I'm waiting for the end of the month to get the Clip+ so I can get custom EQ, and I'm trying to figure it whether an E5 is worth it or not...

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #47 of 73
[size=10pt]Not sure of the terms but when I add E5 to my clip + and s-4/ turbine, the music sound far away. I like the clip straight into earphones- clearer and fun.[/size]

[size=10pt]But my iPod is another story; E5 gives my iPod more juice. [/size]

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #48 of 73

Quote:
Quote:
I also use the Clip + E5 with Bass Boost on, this combo does appear to degrade clarity slightly, but I need the increased Bass and volume, so it's a trade-off.  

Ok but my main concern is, without any "boosting", can you perceive any difference in SQ with/without the E5? I haven't completely burned in my Xcapes but I'm lacking just a little bit of bass. Right now I'm using an iPod classic and the EQ in bass boost setting completely kills it, it's awful. I'm waiting for the end of the month to get the Clip+ so I can get custom EQ, and I'm trying to figure it whether an E5 is worth it or not...

Well, yes there is a slight drop in SQ with the clip+E5, but I think this made up for in a slightly larger soundstage and obviously increased volume when using the E5. I tweak the EQ (which I don't like to do) to compensate for the slightly decreased treble when using the E5.

I think Fiio get the right amount of bass using the bass booster, but it still sounds great with the
bass-booster in the "off" posistion. The E5 is a great little amp and does really well for it's size.

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #50 of 73
yeah i have the same experience using clip plus to turbines or ie8 just seems sq decreases overall 

are u guys lowering the volume of the source and relying on the amp to boost the volume? like for example with a crappy amp on the iphones u would rather use the e5 to amp the signal to listening levels right?

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #53 of 73
is getting the arrow amp 'too much' for the clip+ ?

i was thinking of buying a J3 as well , but my question is should i buy the j3 or the arrow first ?

Thanx !!!

May 24, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #54 of 73
I'm getting a Fiio E5 for my Clip+ as well!

Was thinking of creating an interconnect that will look something like this...

So heres my question, is it advisable to solder the leads from the jacks right onto the leads of the other jack?
First problem that comes to my mind is, what if they somehow touch each other and cause a short?
Don't think I can squeeze any heatshrinks in given how short the leads are going to be...
Quote:
I removed the clip and its lock from Clip, making its back a flat surface. Then I sticked FIIO E5 by double-sided tape:

attachment.php

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #55 of 73

Quote:
I'm getting a Fiio E5 for my Clip+ as well!

Was thinking of creating an interconnect that will look something like this...

So heres my question, is it advisable to solder the leads from the jacks right onto the leads of the other jack?
First problem that comes to my mind is, what if they somehow touch each other and cause a short?
Don't think I can squeeze any heatshrinks in given how short the leads are going to be...

thats a cool idea. i would be in for one. :wink:

theres is nothing wrong with directly attaching the leads together (although they are probably too short for this) as long as the connected leads dont touch each other. i sometimes put slips of plastic between my soldering spots just to make sure they dont touch after i glue the thing together.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #56 of 73
Will this setup sound great? 

Sansa clip+ with fiio e11 + ATH M50? 

dont care even if the fiio is bigger hehe... any thoughts?

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #57 of 73
Quote:
Will this setup sound great? 

Sansa clip+ with fiio e11 + ATH M50? 

dont care even if the fiio is bigger hehe... any thoughts?

E11 would be overkill for that setup. I use a FiiO E6 with my Clip Zip....perfect pairing!

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #59 of 73

Clip+ paired with GoVibe Derringer. Match made in heaven, in terms of size :)

Short impression abt the amp: Clean, neutral sounding (no coloration), slightly widens soundstage. IMO best paired with bassy IEM, since its clean sound will improve details in mid-high frequencies. Bought these at ~37USD (awesome discount by Jaben), and IMO it is better than E11. Bad things to list: still using AAA battery, and it is already discontinued.

Can't find any Velcro, so rubberband it is.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #60 of 73
Quote:
haha why will it be overkill? xD

It's more power than you'll ever use. I have the ATH-WS55, which specs fairly close to the M50, and the high gain mode of the E11 is too much power to use....low gain is perfect. So better to use an E6 which sizes perfectly with the Clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back