Amp for my m80's
Dec 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ilikedonkeys39

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my m80's for about a month now and i like them a lot, but in certain songs i feel like the bass is a little lacking, i am a slight bass head though so that is why. I've tried using my ipod eq and it just sounds bad. So what is a good cheap portable amp, (around $30ish) to make the bass stand out a little more and maybe give it more volume overall without disrupting the mids or highs?

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 15
what he said^
E6 has 4 settings:
no change (really, this amp does not make any quality difference with my music as far as i know)
bass boost, (about 30-200hz boost)
mids boost, (about 500-2000hz boost)
treble boost (about 6000-16000 boost)

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
what he said^
E6 has 4 settings:
no change (really, this amp does not make any quality difference with my music as far as i know)
bass boost, (about 30-200hz boost)
mids boost, (about 500-2000hz boost)
treble boost (about 6000-16000 boost)

have you tried both e6 and e5? if so which one has a better quality bass boost? 

~Thanks

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

have you tried both e6 and e5? if so which one has a better quality bass boost? 

~Thanks

i haven'e tried the E5 so i can't tell for sure

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
ok, so dose the bass boost on the e6 just increase the bass or dose it lower treble and mids? Like an eq

its an eq, so i should actually say:
the 4 settings are:
1.reduce mids and treble compared to bass,
2.reduce bass and treble compared to mids,
3.reduce bass and mids compared to treble.
4.reduce nothing

but then again these have its own volume controller which can power up the volume to about 0%-200% its loudness. so even with 2/3 the spectrum reduced it will still be loud enough (to listen without hearing damage)

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
its an eq, so i should actually say:
the 4 settings are:
1.reduce mids and treble compared to bass,
2.reduce bass and treble compared to mids,
3.reduce bass and mids compared to treble.
4.reduce nothing

but then again these have its own volume controller which can power up the volume to about 0%-200% its loudness. so even with 2/3 the spectrum reduced it will still be loud enough (to listen without hearing damage)

oh ok cool so they amp will make it noticably louder too? That will help out on the bus when i use my headphones as speakers. Side story, this other kid on the bus things the louder the headphones the better, weird right?

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
oh ok cool so they amp will make it noticably louder too? That will help out on the bus when i use my headphones as speakers. Side story, this other kid on the bus things the louder the headphones the better, weird right?

yeah it can be convinient too to control the volume without reaching over to the player device. and huh? using your M80 as speakers?
also yeah some people do think so, since louder is more energy which is 'better'. little do they know how much they are ruining their ears.
i was at a McDonals having lunch then suddenly.... a wild woman using ibuds appeared! (game reference) and sat on the table behind me it was so loud that i could hear the ibuds from about 6 feet away
eek.gif
 i don't even have that problem with the people sitting next to me when i use my grados.. (grados actually send more sound out the backside of the earcup than into your ear)

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
yeah it can be convinient too to control the volume without reaching over to the player device. and huh? using your M80 as speakers?
also yeah some people do think so, since louder is more energy which is 'better'. little do they know how much they are ruining their ears.
i was at a McDonals having lunch then suddenly.... a wild woman using ibuds appeared! (game reference) and sat on the table behind me it was so loud that i could hear the ibuds from about 6 feet away
eek.gif
 i don't even have that problem with the people sitting next to me when i use my grados.. (grados actually send more sound out the backside of the earcup than into your ear)

I know right! I hate it when someone trys my heapdhones and immediatly goes full volume, it dosnt sound very good.

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #13 of 15
i wonder what has happened to OP again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back