Amp for Monster Turbine Copper
Jul 20, 2010 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nickbentley

Head-Fier
I want to put 100 to 200 to an amp for my monster turbine pro (Coppers)

I am brand new to headphone amps...

Do I want a DAC/Amp?

I'm going to be running these from my computer or iphone. It doesn't have to be extremely portable.

Thanks!

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 8
I have a Travagan's White I use with my Golds, love it! Look for a Travagan's Green maybe used?

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm also looking for an amp for the Monster copper's.  My laptop doesn't get loud enough....  And I'd like one I can take jogging if possible.

Anybody know how the Fiio E5 sounds with monster's?  Does it have enough power for the Coppers?

Jul 25, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I want to put 100 to 200 to an amp for my monster turbine pro (Coppers)

I am brand new to headphone amps...

Do I want a DAC/Amp?

I'm going to be running these from my computer or iphone. It doesn't have to be extremely portable.

Thanks!

I use an Arrow HE for my Coppers and love the sound. Got some Phonak Ear-Guides to take the weight off the IEMs so I don't even feel them and they are much more secure when moving/running around.
There 's a bit of a wait as they are hand made in Germany but if you can wait a month or so I don't think it can be beat for the price. http://www.headphonia.com/The-Arrow-Amp:

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 8
what does the amp actually do?  i'm considering the coppers for my next purchase.  i have an iphone 4. surely you cant take the iphone/pod AND the amp with you running?  do you have it on the desk at work or something?

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
what does the amp actually do?  i'm considering the coppers for my next purchase.  i have an iphone 4. surely you cant take the iphone/pod AND the amp with you running?  do you have it on the desk at work or something?

I find that my iPhone 4 is more than enough for my Turbine Pro Golds. I also have an RSA Predator to compare with and I find that the SQ boost with the Predator is minimal and not worth the added bulk and definitely not worth losing the ControlTalk functionality of my Golds. I bought the Predator to use with my HD650's in my portable setup around the house and at work. But, for a real portable setup, I plug my Turbine Pros into the iPhone 4 headphone out and couldn't be happier. Especially with the super convenient ControlTalk. Being able to hold down a button on my IEMs and actually speak to my player and tell it to play a song,artist, album or even to call someone from my contacts is a feature that is invaluable to me. I think the Coppers will be available or may be already available with ControlTalk. I highly recommend it for anyone using an iPhone.

Aug 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 8
"speak to my player and tell it to play a song,artist, album or even to call someone from my contacts is a feature that is invaluable to me."

how do you set that up?

Aug 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 8
It's built into iOS on the 3GS and iPhone 4. Without controltalk headphones, you do it by holding down the home button for 2 seconds. With control headphones, you hold down the play/pause button for 2 seconds. This can be done with the stock Apple earbuds if you dare use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back