Amp for DT770/600.
Oct 4, 2010 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Prpnnightmare

Head-Fier
Currently looking for an amp to drive my DT770/600 with. I've heard that tube amps are probably the best match to drive 600ohm Beyers, however I'm still open to SS suggestions. This setup will be used for gaming and movies, so I'm looking for an amp that will provide me with a deep warm sound, as it's probably the most immersive / accurate sound type for my usage, but I could be totally wrong on that. I'm looking to spend anywhere between 400-600USD, and will consider opening up the budget a bit if it's going to be really worth it.​
 ​
Huge thanks for any help you guys can provide! Really looking forward to my first real audio setup!​
 ​

Oct 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 5
I am very happy with my DT770/600 powered by the Meier Concerto. The Concerto is a pretty neutral amp but it sounds great with many phones.

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey duck, thanks for the reply!

I'd been reading reviews on the Concerto, and it seems like a really nice amp to pair up with the DT770/600. Just wondering if you've used the concerto for either gaming or movies. The only reason I ask is, I plan to, and want to make sure the amp really brings out the bass in the DT770's for that immersion factor when it's required.

Thanks again!

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 5
I've been using the Lisa III with my DT770/600. It has an adjustable bass level. Just make sure you run it with an AC adapter, Firestone Supplier, LLP, etc. The Beyers can drain the batteries in no time.

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry no movies/gaming with my DT770
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Hey duck, thanks for the reply!

I'd been reading reviews on the Concerto, and it seems like a really nice amp to pair up with the DT770/600. Just wondering if you've used the concerto for either gaming or movies. The only reason I ask is, I plan to, and want to make sure the amp really brings out the bass in the DT770's for that immersion factor when it's required.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back