Amp for DT-770?
Sep 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

luvs2squizz

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sure this has been asked tons before, but here I go
Would a uDAC be enough for the DT-770 or should I wait until I can get a Sparrow/Compass? Any other recommendations? 
Note: I need a USB DAC integrated and it needs to be fairly cheap'
I'll be buying used

EDIT: also considering a bravo v2 and a FUBAR II, how would that sound?
EDIT2: It's the 250 Ohm version

Sep 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 6
This is just my experience, but I have found that amping my DT 770s (80 ohm version), doesn't do much other than tightening up the bass. Some headphones scale fairly well with the quality of the amp, but the DT 770s don't seem to be that way, IMO. If you want to improve sound quality significantly, you may want to look into getting another set of cans.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
This is just my experience, but I have found that amping my DT 770s (80 ohm version), doesn't do much other than tightening up the bass. Some headphones scale fairly well with the quality of the amp, but the DT 770s don't seem to be that way, IMO. If you want to improve sound quality significantly, you may want to look into getting another set of cans.

250 is a fairly larger number compared to 80 
tongue.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
250 is a fairly larger number compared to 80 
tongue.gif

Although some people report some sonic differences (better details) in higher impedance Beyers in the same product line, the biggest difference is going to be that the higher impedance cans will be harder to drive.

I'm not saying that you don't need an amp for your cans. Just don't expect a huge audio quality difference between different amps because your limiting factor is the cans, not the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back