Amp for Denon C751's?
Jul 19, 2010 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

unwelcomeguest

New Head-Fier

Hi, I am fairly new to all this, but I recently got me a pair of Denon AH-C751 canalphones and am pretty pleased with them, however I was wondering if someone could recommend a portable amp to use with them? The source is my iPod Classic 160Gb, using mainly lossless audio files.

I would mainly use the amp on public transport, in my bedroom, at the gym, etc - and also sometimes connected to my pc via usb, if I got a model that supported that function. I can get a Meier Audio Corda 3Move here in Australia for about $350, which would be my limit as far as price goes.

Any suggestions?

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 9
the 5G quite a lot.  the c751 need a little power to open up and since they are bassy the mid to bright sound of the icon really wakes that behave better and cleans up the mids and highs.

i cant say its the best amp out there for it since ive not heard that many but the icon goes very well with them

Jul 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I use an Ibasso T4 and it works quite well with the Denon's

The Ibasso's do look very interesting. I am quite keen on them and the Meier's. The Ibasso's are a bit cheaper, but I'm guessing the Meier's win on build quality(?).

Not sure now whether to get an ultra-portable amp, just to use with my iPod and iems, and get a decent desktop amp for pc / home use later, or to get semi-portable amp with dac and crossfeed circuit; ie. an Ibasso T4 or Meier XXS vs something like the Meier Corda 3Move

Users who are viewing this thread

Back